Scuddie
26th Jun 2004, 05:13 AM
Okay.

erehwoN
26th Jun 2004, 05:40 AM
[Lil'_Jon]Ooohkaayeah[/Lil'_Jon]

Derelan
26th Jun 2004, 11:45 AM
you can tweak the bot's personality, under "edit team" select your bots and "edit personality", you can make them more accurate, less aware, and more campers.

zeep
27th Jun 2004, 12:49 AM
You should have allowed multiple answers. Oh and you forgot:
-They run away (to objectives) as soon as they're spawn. You can't order them to walk instead of run.

But they're ok by me. At least bots are better than in 2.86 days.

cracwhore
27th Jun 2004, 04:15 AM
You forgot to mention "dodge bullets" and "breakdance".

ecale3
27th Jun 2004, 04:18 AM
insta-proning, wallhacking, x-ray vision having, aimbotting bags of sh!t them bots be.

And TKERS TOO!!!!11111@@@@

Crowze
27th Jun 2004, 05:39 AM
Well, the peformance of the bots is very dependant on the pathing that the mappers have done. One of the best pathed maps I've seen is DM-AlpsMorning (incedentally my first RM review) - playing that offline in 2.86 was very fun. I ought to try it out in 2.9.

zeep
27th Jun 2004, 07:00 AM
Well, the peformance of the bots is very dependant on the pathing that the mappers have done. One of the best pathed maps I've seen is DM-AlpsMorning (incedentally my first RM review) - playing that offline in 2.86 was very fun. I ought to try it out in 2.9.
Thou shalt not mention map without linkage! (http://www.thegamebox.net/files/Unreal_Tournament/Maps/DM/dm-inf-alpsmorning.zip)

Derelan
27th Jun 2004, 10:22 AM
My two favorite maps for offline play were EnemyAtTheGates and CTF-Fin. The first because wave after wave of bots would constantly try to storm our fort, it made it seem like a real battle instead of a "team deathmatch". CTF-Fin because the bots had alot of room to engage. Sometimes i would see a group of three or so bots, and i would flank around to attack them, and a bot covering them from a bunker would eliminate me! Much fun.

The way they run back and forth going nowhere as fast as possible, never sitting still. (hey, let's play give away our position)
This can easily be fixed by editing the bots personality settings from "normal" to "cautious" and camping from "0.00" to "0.30".

Dr.J
27th Jun 2004, 10:34 AM
back in the days of the end of 2.86, the map i played the most (almost endlessly) with bots was jaymians DOM-DOMtraining (http://home.comcast.net/~jaymian/). with ninjins urbanred and skyblue camos, that map was absloutely unbeatable (when coupled with wonderful things like RAv2 :D )

jayhova
28th Jun 2004, 01:08 AM
This can easily be fixed by editing the bots personality settings from "normal" to "cautious" and camping from "0.00" to "0.30".
Is there a way to do this for all the bots without having to edit every AI? Like a .INI file? Why is this not the way by default?

Crowze
28th Jun 2004, 04:47 AM
All the bot settings are in the InfiltrationUser.ini.

mat69
28th Jun 2004, 05:53 AM
I think the settings he is searching for are in the InfiltrationBotTeams.ini.
So cautious is CombatStyle[***]=-0.500000 (aggressive is 0.5)
and camping is this setting Camping[***]=0.300000

Cunubelin
29th Jun 2004, 04:28 AM
I'm sorry for this off topic post but the title of this thread just made me remember THIS (http://www.turboforce3d.com/annoying/index.htm) .
DO take a moment to check out the movie... It is, ahem, annoying? :lol:

Demosthanese
30th Jun 2004, 03:51 AM
Bots are like our very own CS community.

zeep
30th Jun 2004, 05:25 AM
Bots are like our very own CS community. :lol: hehe

Anyway, i set camping to full and made them all cautious and avoidant. They are a lot less active now.

chuckus
30th Jun 2004, 12:46 PM
Anyway, i set camping to full and made them all cautious and avoidant. They are a lot less active now.

Infiltration Gold. As real as 67 year old soldiers get.

zeep
30th Jun 2004, 06:22 PM
It would be very cool if someone could program different attack/defend patterns for the bots. And i mean a whole different AI program running beside inf that takes them over completely.
Different strategies for one map. ( or more )
Maybe even a GUI so we can set up our own schemes, and even share them.

Too early to ask santa tho..

Cleeus[JgKdo]
1st Jul 2004, 05:24 AM
i want neuronal network learning bots
a) it's possible with UT
b) it's maybe even possible with pure unreal script