PDA

View Full Version : Error after renaming utx package

Komrod
22nd Jun 2004, 12:13 PM
Hi,

I renamed a package (weapontexture.utx to zh_weapon_skin.utx) and removed all references from my code. I also removed all the references from the ukx files.
But when i launch my mod, an error occurs and i cant see the main menu. It seems that some references to my old package still exists but i cant find it anywhere.

here is the error from the log :

Warning: Failed to load 'Weapontexture': Can't find file for package 'Weapontexture'
Warning: Failed to load 'zh_weapon_models': Can't find file for package 'Weapontexture'
Warning: Failed to load 'zh_game_misc': Can't find file for package 'Weapontexture'
Warning: Failed to load 'zh_game': Can't find file for package 'Weapontexture'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class zh_game.zh_MainMenu': Can't find file for package 'Weapontexture'

there is no reference to weapontexture.utx in the code (compiled to zh_game.u).

In zh_weapon_models.ukx, there is no weapontexture in the skin propertie.

in zh_game_misc.utx, there is no shader (only texture) so no reference to weapontexture also.

I dont know why i have this error. May be someone that had this error could help me. Where can i have a reference in zh_game_misc.utx and zh_weapon_models.ukx ?

please ^_^

Thanks

Mr_Evi1
22nd Jun 2004, 12:42 PM
Are there any materials in zh_weapon_skin.utx that reference Weapontexture?

Rather than renaming the package, my preferred method of renaming is to load the package into UEd along with any other packages that depend on it, then manually rename all the textures (right-click->rename) into the new package. That way, UEd automatically corrects all references, so when you save the all the packages they are all but guaranteed to not reference the old package.

meowcat
23rd Jun 2004, 11:53 PM
Are there any materials in zh_weapon_skin.utx that reference Weapontexture?

Along the lines of what Mr_Evi1 said, when you rename a texture package (I did this as well as Dark NSF) some texture's palettes (the set of colors used in the texture) may still reference the old texture package. This is an issue for p8 textures. The texture's palette is visible uder texture properties in UED. For this reason it is often less error prone to simply reimport the textures into your new texture package.