621 Nali City maps?!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ATP

Mar 11, 2000
atpmusic.tripod.com
Ok, it's like this:
Last night I had nothing specific to do so I went over to Nali City for some maps. They had so many maps there I decided to reconnect via FTP, and get all of 'em in one shot.

One night and half a day later, I'd suddenly become the proud owner of 621 deathmatch maps (gulp) and I haven't even looked at the CTF's yet!

I'm checking them out manually, map by map.
I expect I'll extract no more than 20 really dope maps out of the heap, but, as you can imagine, it'll take me about 6 weeks of non-stop UT-ing to pick out the best and delete the rest.

That's why I'd really appreciate some suggestions on which maps rock, and which maps suck.
Anybody? Thanks in advance!

------------------
Consistency is the defence of a small mind. (Beldin - Eddings)

el Gato

Has-Been
Jan 19, 2000
outside Raleigh NC
Damn. 621 DM maps downloaded and your gonna keep only 20 or so? Thats only 3%! Shoulda stopped by here first.

CTF Diamondsword, Orbital, Gateways

Thrakkorzog

Nov 11, 1999
Visit site
Well I primarily use the NaliCity reviews to screen maps. There are also some other review sites, and word of mouth in these forums. I've only downloaded about 75 maps up to this point. Also if a map seems prominent in server map-lists, that's a sign that it is decent, as well.

bullet2.gif

"It's 'Thrakkorzog'! With a 'K'!"

I

ImagoX

Try UT Booty for your reviews. Here's the link (sorry, I don't know how to enable it, just copy n' paste)...
http://utbooty.unrealism.com/

I like this site. They are brash and occasionally rude (heh), but I generally agree with thier reviews, and they have generally good reasons for why they give the review scores they do. I doubt ALL of your massive gob o' maps will be reviewed there, but the good ones certainly will, and shoulf be a good place to start. Find the link on the right side of the page titled "All Reviews" for a listing of all the maps, seperated by category and arranged by review score best-to-worst (a really nice touch IMHO).

-ImagoX