PDA

View Full Version : Covermounting UnWheel

Sooze
21st Jun 2004, 11:11 AM
Hi

I'm writing to you from PC Zone magazine in the UK to ask you for permission to run UnWheel Beta 3.0 on the coverdiscs of our September issue (on sale from 22nd July). We would like to feature it on our discs as one of our five Mods of the Month.

Thanks!

Suzy Wallace
Disc Editor - PC Zone

jerdaygo
21st Jun 2004, 12:12 PM
Hi

I'm writing to you from PC Zone magazine in the UK to ask you for permission to run UnWheel Beta 3.0 on the coverdiscs of our September issue (on sale from 22nd July). We would like to feature it on our discs as one of our five Mods of the Month.

Thanks!

Suzy Wallace
Disc Editor - PC Zone

That would be so cool :D , you need to have Shrimp reply on this but I would see no reason he wouldnt be thrilled about it. One question I have is saying this does happen, how would I go about getting this issue of the mag, and I am sure Diego1203 and StevenHorton would want an issue (everyone else on the team as well) but the 3 of us are in the United States and this mag is not avalible on the news stand, at least as far as I know.

patriot_
21st Jun 2004, 12:28 PM
Hello there, from my side you are very welcome to have unwheel in your magazine.

do we get a free issue of the magazine? would be real nice. we arent very many members. I live in sweden btw.

thanks! /Jonathan

Diego1203
21st Jun 2004, 12:57 PM
I personaly would love for you to put UnWheel on your magazine cover disc. It would mean alot to us if you could manage to get copies to all of the team members that don't have access to it normaly. There aren't alot of members but we are scatered all over the globe, there are at least 3 in the US, one in sweden, and one in south Africa that don't have the ability to buy the magazine, there might even be more than that.

Shrimp
21st Jun 2004, 01:30 PM
Hi,

Sounds great, I don't have any problems with you including in on your cover disk(s).

I think we get the mag here in South Africa, so I'm in luck and will look out for it, not sure about the other guys. Is there a way they can go about ordering a copy in their countries?

- Shrimp
UnWheel Team Lead

ProjectX
22nd Jun 2004, 02:03 AM
Hi,

Sounds great, I don't have any problems with you including in on your cover disk(s).

I think we get the mag here in South Africa, so I'm in luck and will look out for it, not sure about the other guys. Is there a way they can go about ordering a copy in their countries?

- Shrimp
UnWheel Team Lead

I'll see if I can get hold of a copy and tease you about it then :p

Sooze
22nd Jun 2004, 08:03 AM
I can send out two free copies of the magazine, but if you want any more, I'm afraid you'll have to buy them through us. Sorry!

jerdaygo
22nd Jun 2004, 08:52 AM
I can send out two free copies of the magazine, but if you want any more, I'm afraid you'll have to buy them through us. Sorry!
Thats perfectly fine with me :D , I am more than willing to buy a copy of it, I would want to buy a few copies. If you you could either post the info on the forum or email me ( jerdaygo@hotmail.com ) how I could order this issue, be it by phone or mail, but I would prefer if I could order by phone if that is possible, mail order has been risky in my experience. Thanks for the interest in UnWheel and thanks in advance for your time spent getting us this information.

strangelet
24th Jun 2004, 09:03 AM
awesome! and a UK magazine too, so i can actually walk round the corner and buy one :)

ProjectX
24th Jun 2004, 09:05 AM
awesome! and a UK magazine too, so i can actually walk round the corner and buy one :)

me too, life is good for us brits ;)

carmatic
24th Jun 2004, 07:59 PM
hey sooze what name do you use when you appear in the magazine ? (i.e. your real name) ima gonna get pc zone soon and see unwheel on the mag!

jerdaygo
24th Jun 2004, 08:40 PM
Look at the first thread entry carmatic, "Suzy Wallace
Disc Editor - PC Zone"

carmatic
24th Jun 2004, 08:42 PM
hey! i swear Sooze must have edited it in! but wheres the 'edit by sooze at ' message...

jerdaygo
24th Jun 2004, 08:45 PM
hey! i swear Sooze must have edited it in! but wheres the 'edit by sooze at ' message...
Sorry dude it was there back on the 21st when she first posted it :) and I first read it, but I miss little crap like that all the time, its cool ;)

ProjectX
25th Jun 2004, 02:47 AM
Sorry dude it was there back on the 21st when she first posted it :) and I first read it, but I miss little crap like that all the time, its cool ;)

or it could be a PCZone/BuF conspiracy. They're all out to get you man ;)

carmatic
25th Jun 2004, 01:12 PM
oh my gosh! im daunted by their efforts, i dont even know whats going on. i must prepare myself adequately for whatever they are going to try!

ProjectX
25th Jun 2004, 02:03 PM
oh my gosh! im daunted by their efforts, i dont even know whats going on. i must prepare myself adequately for whatever they are going to try!

Look out! Snipers on the roofs! Duck! :lol:

Sooze
6th Jul 2004, 10:26 AM
Right, I'm here again, this time to inform you of our wish to covermount the UnWheel mod again on the discs of our October issue (you popular people you!). This time, we will be reviewing UnWheel in our Online mod reviews section, and as such, we'd like to accompany the text in the magazine with the file on the discs. Again, we just need your permission.....

I've also asked about getting hold of some extra copies of PC Zone for sale to yourselves. Unfortunately, it seems that we are not able to sell them from the office, but as I think I mentioned before, I can send up to three complementary copies out to the team - I'm afraid you'll have to share these or find an elusive overseas copy!

Thanks!

Suzy Wallace
Disc Editor - PC Zone

ProjectX
6th Jul 2004, 10:40 AM
Well, I'm a blighty citezen so I can get the mag anyway (it sells at my local newsagent approx. 300m from my house)

and I reckon Shrimp's gonna say yes to this. Prob'ly anyway. Better wait for his confirmation.

carmatic
6th Jul 2004, 10:55 AM
if the september issue is available since july... will the october issue come out on august? *thinking*

Shrimp
6th Jul 2004, 11:09 AM
Hi again :)

Once again, no problem.

Official-sounding go-ahead: We do hereby give PC Zone magazine permission to include our "UnWheel" modification on their cover CD(s) in the October issue of their publication.

Or something to that effect anyway :P

Thanks.

Shrimp
6th Jul 2004, 11:10 AM
Edit: removed my email address from the above post, since posting it I have received one suspicious mail and a smap message... Both of which I have NEVER received on my BU account before [in fact I never get any email on that account].

Dunno how these spam engines work so fast, but they sure work well... :mad: :mad: :mad:

jerdaygo
6th Jul 2004, 11:15 AM
I've also asked about getting hold of some extra copies of PC Zone for sale to yourselves. Unfortunately, it seems that we are not able to sell them from the office, but as I think I mentioned before, I can send up to three complementary copies out to the team - I'm afraid you'll have to share these or find an elusive overseas copy!

Well maybe one of our nice brit teammates would be willing to buy some mags for Steve, Adam and me (we will send money to you we just need to know how much it will take, and where to send (use PM or email) :) ), if so it might work to send them to me to save on international shipping and I also live between Steve and Adam and we live very close to one another so it would be easy for me to get it to them :)
Anyone willing?

carmatic
6th Jul 2004, 11:17 AM
im in the uk right now, probably selling pc zone in the campus shop right now

will go there after the 22nd to check out the stuff

ProjectX
6th Jul 2004, 03:17 PM
if the september issue is available since july... will the october issue come out on august? *thinking*

well, late july, 22nd of july in fact.

EDIT: How are they planning to get UnWheel on the coverdisk anyway? the only feasable option would be asking Epic to let them use the source and compile UnWheel as a stand-alone game, cos there's no way of fitting UT2K4 on those two flimsy CDs of theirs. Or are they doing a mods section on their disk next time?

carmatic
6th Jul 2004, 05:08 PM
probably prettymuch the same way as how unwheel is downloaded for alot of people... probably the same file as well

oh wait i get it know... like , one is the mod of the month, then the next is a review... cool

waits patiently for the use of svehicles...

Sooze
8th Jul 2004, 10:41 AM
Sorry about this, but in the process of emptying my Inbox of unwanted emails, I seem to have deleted some from yourselves.

Shrimp, could you possibly send me an email with the names and addresses of the three people who I'll be sending copies of PC Zone out to? Then I'll make sure that these get sent out when we get the issues in.

Thanks!

Suzy

Shrimp
8th Jul 2004, 01:12 PM
Sure thing, I'll gather that info for you ASAP and send it your way.

carmatic
8th Jul 2004, 01:40 PM
dont need to send it to me, i'll be back in england on the 28th and i will check out the shops then

maybe it can be as a gift to those who genuinely cannot normally get pc zone?

ProjectX
8th Jul 2004, 03:07 PM
dont need to send it to me, i'll be back in england on the 28th and i will check out the shops then

maybe it can be as a gift to those who genuinely cannot normally get pc zone?

I can get it, and will.

Carmatic, that will be the 28th of NEXT month right? cos that's when the october one comes out.

carmatic
8th Jul 2004, 03:14 PM
no, this month

i'll get the september issue

heh it would have been nice, stopping at the airport to pick up a magazine that has just arrived that day

Sooze
19th Jul 2004, 05:49 AM
Sure thing, I'll gather that info for you ASAP and send it your way.

Hey Shrimp,

I don't seem to have received an email from you and I have now have copies of the September issue sitting on my desk, ready to be mailed out.

If you send me over three names and addresses, I'll get them sent out straight away.

Cheers!

Suzy Wallace
Disc Editor - PC Zone

Shrimp
19th Jul 2004, 05:56 AM
Oh my word! I gathered all the info and stuff, then I must've fallen asleep!! Damn!! Sorry about that.

Sending right now...

Shrimp
20th Jul 2004, 10:37 AM
Did you get the Private Message I sent? Unfortunately I can't seem to track down your email address anywhere here...

Sooze
20th Jul 2004, 10:42 AM
Yep, have just replied to it. Hopefully the mags will arrive soon, and just in case you need my email, I've put my card in with your copy of the mag.

Thanks!

Suzy

The_Devils_Avarcardo
20th Jul 2004, 11:45 AM
I'm gonna have to grab this mag when it hits the shelves :D

Sooze
20th Jul 2004, 11:53 AM
Fraid UnWheel doesn't get really get much of a mention this month beyond being on the discs. Check out next month's issue for the full review though. :)

The_Devils_Avarcardo
20th Jul 2004, 12:05 PM
I usually buy the mag when i see it in the shops anyhoo, so no doubt i would have picked it up even without seeing this thread :)

Now that would have been one hell of a surprise :D "oh look our mod is on those disks.. wtf?!" :p

Diego1203
21st Jul 2004, 01:31 AM
Fraid UnWheel doesn't get really get much of a mention this month beyond being on the discs. Check out next month's issue for the full review though. :)

I don't suppose we get three free copies of next months issue do we? Also what version of UnWheel is getting reviewed? We might have a new version with some major changes out fairly soon.

combitz
21st Jul 2004, 04:21 PM
I'd ask if they would do an interview with shimp to include in the review so people will know a little more about what's to come and what to expect from the next installment.

Just a thought as they are always after content like that for a more interesting read:)

I would love to develop a map/track for this mod but times just too short right now with other real life stuff. I'll be watching this mod all the way though.

Good luck and best wishes

combitz.

Diego1203
24th Jul 2004, 11:19 PM
Hey Sooze, I just got the issue of the mag that you sent today. Thanks, It seems like a great mag, I just hope the review in next month's issue isn't too brutal.

jerdaygo
24th Jul 2004, 11:27 PM
Hey Sooze, I just got the issue of the mag that you sent today. Thanks, It seems like a great mag, I just hope the review in next month's issue isn't too brutal.
Got mine too :D thanks, and btw this mag is great, I like it way better than PC Gamer, but thats the best PC game mag we can get here in the states :( they only have a CD of demos :lol:
thanks again :D

jerdaygo
25th Jul 2004, 12:29 AM
For those who havent seen it here is a pic.

Sooze
10th Aug 2004, 07:39 AM
Glad you liked the mag. Especially glad you thought it was better than PC Gamer (they're our main rivals)! We should be getting copies of the October issue (with the UnWheel review) soon, so I'll send those out as soon as they come in.

carmatic
10th Aug 2004, 09:47 AM
nice arrow!

jerdaygo
10th Aug 2004, 09:49 AM
nice arrow!
GO!!! MS Paint :D :lol:

carmatic
10th Aug 2004, 09:51 AM
i need to go out more ... and get this mag for myself....
speaking of which, i have heard of you guys talking about new maps etc etc...

jerdaygo
10th Aug 2004, 09:58 AM
i need to go out more ... and get this mag for myself....
speaking of which, i have heard of you guys talking about new maps etc etc...

Lots of new stuff is in the pipes, we are currently working on a new version and there are many new maps, I even have one :P hehe, a lot of the time for this release is issues with the conversion from Kvehicle to Svehicle, but online play is progressing very good :D

jerdaygo
10th Aug 2004, 10:26 AM
Glad you liked the mag. Especially glad you thought it was better than PC Gamer (they're our main rivals)! We should be getting copies of the October issue (with the UnWheel review) soon, so I'll send those out as soon as they come in.

Thanks that Rocks!!!
Any chance that PC Zone will start selling in the USA, you would have one subscriber right here, cant afford the $163USD for the international subscription. I dont buy PC Gamer because I can download everything on there disk in like 5 to 20 min :lol:
Anyway nice mag again and thanks again :D

SupermotoXL
11th Aug 2004, 08:46 AM
Cool! UNWHEEL on mag, I'll try to get those mag soon :)

Sooze
16th Aug 2004, 12:55 PM
Sorry Jerdaygo, no plans to distribute in the US of A as far as I know. :(

Shrimp> Sorry about this, but I've lost your email with everyone's addresses on. Can you please send it to me again and I'll get the October issues (complete with UnWheel review) sent out.... :D

Sooze
17th Aug 2004, 05:11 AM
Doh! Must have been having a Monday moment yesterday - the reason I couldn't find Shrmip's email was because he sent me the details in a private message. On that note, I'll be posting the magazines today. :D