Playing with PuF and posting in PuF: Rules

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GreenMeat

Feb 22, 2000
Visit site
I posted a topic ("Tutor rhymes with Neuter") thanking Rooster and the others for the games last night. My first time playing outside my little circle of friends that conned me into buying the game...had a great time! Appreciate yer patience, and thanks for the lesson in CTF technique (not to mention humility)!

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
First: If you want to play games with some PuF'ers that are here, please join #planetunreal in the UT chat. From there, if you message someone (privately) and they are in a game, you will get a link to the URL of the game they are in. All you have to do is click that link and you will be whisked away to that game. Of course you have no idea what your ping will be like, or what game type it will be, as well as what mods. But you will get a feel for who plays what - so you'll know who to follow and who not to. As well, some PuF'ers may follow you in game. It works both ways.

Second: Keep in mind other people may have asked/had your exact question/problem. You can probably find your answer and a lot more by using the Search Forums link at the bottom of the page.

------------------
"I never learned from a man who agreed with me." ~ Robert A. Heinlein
nguid:453406

S

Selerox[PuF]

Words that need to be said. Nice job Rooster.

bullet2.gif

PuF: Come play dying.

Check out The Soundoff and have your say.

G

GunnerX

Played against Cookiemnstr last night. Now I know how it is playing against great players. /~unreal/ubb/html/biggrin.gif I'm new and a lot of the games I've been on seems to be filled with newbies, such as myself.

Check out Mad Max's UT server, some might be there. Good games going on there.

-GunnerX_2000

G

GunnerX

Oops, that's CTF of course. Will have to try DM tonite. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

S

Selerox[PuF]

Try playing against Voyd... /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

PuF: Come play dying.

Check out The Soundoff and have your say.

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
Gunner, ask redruM and Greenmeat about some games last night. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Oh, yeah, Cookie has improved a LOT over the last week or two. Give him another month and he'll be finally be able to lay the smack down on me. /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

Oop! Looks like I need to play Voyd some more, deflate this big head of mine. Hehehe.. /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

bullet2.gif

Serpico_TC|PuF

Feb 20, 2000
Portsmouth
Visit site
Nice one Rooster.

Bet we still get a post on monday which reads:

'is auto-taunting considered lame'

or

'where do you guys play'

or

'how do you do those smiles'

or

'how do I pee straight'

or

... /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

I control the vertical and the horizontal.

G

GunnerX

I really really need to work on my RL skills. Getting better at it but still too careless.

Will try to find some PuFers in DM games tonite.

Gotta download Rooster vs. Voyd. Might help and learn some stuff from it. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

-"Can anybody pee straight?" /~unreal/ubb/html/biggrin.gif

GunnerX_2000

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
I doubt it Gunner (that you'd learn - cause he whooped me pretty good).. Voyd is/was very smart. I wish I had a demo of it from his perspective. The friend of mine that hosted the server said he stayed in Voyd's view.. and was mesmerized.

Image is nothing. Prediction is everything.

bullet2.gif

The_Ruiner

Masterful
Just a note to say I enjoy fraggin' and chatting w/ you guys at #planetunreal also. I used to DISPISE chats. Most of you are intelligent, skilled, but most of all, you know how to have fun. And you don't hesitate to share knowledge with others. I think I have found a home. --

I may need one if I keep passing up my girl for UT sessions... -R

wiggum_pi

Dec 28, 1999
Visit site
I remember you Gunner_X... I played OK last night... I will get high scores against teams with lone flag grabbers, or poor cover men. The ASMD combo on Face is almost unavoidable... thus my 125 score.

If anyone really wants to improve, I suggest you play 1v1. I play it sparingly (once every few days) and get dominated by Ritz. But it really seems to help my CTF skills.

And today, I just got an Intellimouse Explorer (the one with the eye). I've yet to play UT with it, though. I'm also getting a new computer soon. We'll see how I fare after averaging more than about 15 frames per second...

bullet2.gif

Who's gonna be the odd man out? I want to be the odd man out.
-- [Ci]CookieMnstr|PuF

[This message has been edited by wiggum_pi (edited 03-16-2000).]

NutBar-SOB

Dec 22, 1999
Ventura, CA
www.sobservers.com
Will you get a link to the game a person is playing simply by sending them a private message or do they have to answer you?

Do you just double-click their name in the right hand sidebar or do you actually have to send a message?

***IRC newbie***

F

[FiS]Prophetus|PUF

Double click their name and type anything...like "." without the quotes. A message will pop up and the addy of the game server. If they are not in a game, then nothing will happen.

bullet2.gif

Lure the Tiger out of the mountains...
Then run your @ss off fool!

[Ci]Prophetus][PuF][

P

[PuF]Firestorm

Well I'm kinda on 'UT leave' at the moment because i need to get a new 3DFX card (my old one screwed up my comp and i don't software mode looks like a friggin' mosaic) but rest assured ill be back and ill be going on online UT a lot more as well..

bullet2.gif

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...