thoughts about lamers on roger wilco

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[OF]candyman

Nov 24, 1999
OHIO
www.iamapervert.com
You set up a server for rw you dont have to tell people. It is great and puts in alot of fun hearing people scream as they fall to their death. It is fun to talk to people you play against and with...It is hard to get good info in a team game with 4 to 6 or more players cause alot of people talk at once and always REPEAT always bind a key to talk so they dont hear your wifey yelling in your ear or your kids begging for you to cook them supper. It is a great addition to an already fun game.

F

[FiS]Prophetus|PUF

Suggestion: Try it! It's great and really helps teamplay...and your conserns are invalid /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif.

Feb 4, 2000
Visit site
I havent tried it and dont know really how it works. But, just the concept of voice chat in a online tells me it will intenisfy flame wars.
I mean, you yell as some llama camper, he yells back becuse he is a llama, then the whole com channel gets spammed, no one can here orders over all the crap, people start yelling at everyone else to shut up thus increasing the noise more, and distracts from the game.
Have any of you who have used it experianced this? I dont know, this is just a random thought at lunch.

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
Uhh... that's why you only have your team on a (RW) server. You don't want to coordinate your attacks so the enemy can hear you.

And there's no reason to use it in DM.

bullet2.gif

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me." ~ Robert A. Heinlein
nguid:453406

Harlock

Married And Always Nagged
Dec 11, 1999
Riverside, CA (USA)
maanclan.com
RW helped the PuF team to win the OZUT match way back when. It is perfect for setting up good attacks and defences. Unfortunatly the Aussies said we were cheating by using it.

bullet2.gif

Matsumoto[PuF]

"Nature has a way of eliminating stupid people... it's called [PuF]."

supermandm

Jan 14, 2000
des moines, iowa, usa
Visit site
well last night i finally loaded rw. i had it for some time without loading. the first room i got into there were a bunch of idiots mouthing off and whatnot but i soon found my way to another room where i met some guy who was also trying it out. we both got on his comp for a quik frag fest. it was pretty cool, i couldnt get the grin off my face i was having so much fun. i recomend at least trying it out

bullet2.gif

"Allways scratch where it itches" *Superman*

CYBER PETE |PuF

Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
Does using roger wilco affect your ping at all? I'm getting SDSL in a few weeks, 380 up and 380 down (which is kiloBITS not not kiloBYTES so I download at about 30k a second)and was wondering if it would affect my ping.

Claude_Ballz

Ballz-Like
Jan 17, 2000
Visit site
2 Questions: 1- How do you tell if a server (or someone on the server) is running RW, and
2- Where can you d/l it ?
I've got a friend that uses this in Tribes and he loves it, but in Tribes, you have plenty of time to talk ... LOL

bullet2.gif

Say Hello To My Little Friend!