PLS help me KILL epic..

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Xixiz

Dec 12, 1999
Visit site
Let me explain.

I'm FULLY aware that UT was written from the ground up to be used for 3dfx cards. I just DO NOT understand why patch after patch comes out with NO further improvement for d3d users like myself. I UPGRADED my card to a GeForce 256 from a Voodoo3. For this I am punished with no support on D3D.

Just a LITTLE improvement guys? Please? I love the game and just cannot imagine being left out in the cold with NADA support. Not everyone owns a Voodoo card or plans to in the future.

You Voodoo owners can flame away, it just sucks to have your favorite game not even try to keep up with the times.

G

GunnerX

Huh? What are you talking about? I'm using D3D right now with my CLAP. Epic has a new d3drv.dll available that you can replace the current one with. After this, D3D will run perfectly on GeFork. I initally ran OGL and that was fine too.

GunnerX_2000

Quitch

I've run UT 405B with a Geforce, and it ran like a dream.

bullet2.gif

Quitch
"Howdy doodie little kitty, the baaaad man is here"

HWAS

Dec 26, 1999
Carnegie, PA USA
members.tripod.com
I have a GeForce, but I bought 2 Voodoo2s because of the crappy D3D support (and the fact that I have about 7 Glide games). Even with the new d3ddrv.dll (and the new patch), there are all kinds of graphical glitches (such as the Redeemer being "cut-off" on screen, and the weapons being "chopped-up" on 16-bit color.) Even though overall image quality isn't as good with the V2s, I'll take Glide over D3D any day (in UT, Birddog /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif. The performance is much better, and those glitches are nonexistent.

bullet2.gif

"If Hellen Keller was psychic, could you say she had a fourth sense?" -George Carlin

[This message has been edited by [PuF]HWAS (edited 03-16-2000).]

BirddoG

Nov 20, 1999
Visit site
OMG is this the same HWAS who used to say 3dfx SUCKS because of 16 Bit colour?
now your saying that you'd rather take glide over d3d anyday??
hello hipocrite

bullet2.gif

"I like this book because of its cover. This book sucks, the cover sucks." -XS

HWAS

Dec 26, 1999
Carnegie, PA USA
members.tripod.com
Yep, that's me. I would rather take Glide over D3D any day in UT. UT looks fine in 16-bit color, which I said in that old post. Other non-Glide-based games (like Q3A) totally suck in 16-bit. Q3A looks like N64 on 16-bit color. But that's just my opinion...

bullet2.gif

"If Hellen Keller was psychic, could you say she had a fourth sense?" -George Carlin