Text To Speech Mod For UT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JD_KILASEAGULSNIPER

Jun 17, 2004
Hi people, I am new to this. I am not sure if I am posting in the correct section, but here it goes. Just wondered if ther is a text-to-speech :rockon: mod for the original UT? And if ther is, can someone please provide a link to somewhere I can get it from.. cheers!

JD_KILASEAGULSNIPER

Jun 17, 2004
aight

Well i reckon thats a cool idea for a mod.. ok so its back to the ye ole UT. My slower comps runs UT still so whenever im on that I play that game. If somone can plzzzzzzz create a mod for that, im not sure how hard it will be, but it would be cool! :2thumb:

JD_KILASEAGULSNIPER

Jun 17, 2004
Text-to-speech is correct. When you type something in UT and appears at the top left of the screen next to your name - Needs an automated speech tool which will pronounce what you just typed. Its cool and I wondered if ther is a mod for it in UT? I think its in UT04

DaBeowulf

UT-mods Geek
Feb 25, 2002
Germany, near Cologne
Visit site
lol so you really want Microsoft Mike or any such robot dude or dudette to speak what one types?
Like:
Beo left a small crater.
Beo: \o/
Microsoft Mike: "Backslash O Slash"
Beo: rofl so pfunnhey!11111
"rofl so pfunny!one, one, one, one, one"

Cool? lol I dunno.

Skillz

ut-files.com
Nov 29, 2003
www.planetmonsterhunt.com
Well, if it will be done the same as the one for UT2k4, then it wont tell you system messages.

It will only intrept what someone types. It's pretty cool to have, I use it in UT2k4 when I play. Can make it pretty funny with some of the things people type.

JD_KILASEAGULSNIPER

Jun 17, 2004
Yeh I know, and I pray ther is one out ther already for UT that I can get, or if ther isnt then.. if someone creates it. Im not sure how you would or how hard it would be to create, but it would be really funny and awesome! :clap:

TheZorch

Mike "TheZorch" Haney
Jun 16, 2004
Detroit, MI
zorchcentral.4t.com
It would not be too hard at all to make this mod. I had a text to speech program that worked on the old Apple IIe and it did just as good a job as the text to speech in UT2k4. The program was make up of just 10 lines of Apple BASIC code. I don't know who wrote it but it was very good.

So, the programming for such a mod for UT should be just as simple. Perhaps it would be as simple as a Mutator. I don't know any of the code used to create Mutators for UT so I couldn't write it. But for most other Mod developers a Mutators like this would be simple.