RIP AntiTCC?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
UnrealNorth is reporting that popular third-party UT2004 cheat protection mutator AntiTCC won't be updated by author Wormbo anymore.

Latest news is that wormbo isn't going to keep developing Anti TCC and with the latest patch (v3236) many people are having problems connecting to Atcc protected servers. Press Read more to see the new md5 checksums or link to utsecure that seems to be the standard from now on.

We were able to catch up with Wormbo, who had this to say...

Maybe I'll continue [AntiTCC development] at some point, but for now I'm taking a break from anti-cheat coding, after releasing a small tool against the latest security bypass.

On the subject of AntiTCC causing problems for clients connecting with the recently released 3236 patch, he said...

Updating the server to 3236 and disabling fullmd5 checks should fix it.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I hate to say it, but good riddance. I haven't had any good luck with AntiTCC since UT2k4 came out.

Spaz007

May 28, 2004
I have never had a problem with it even with the beta patches. If you don't mess with your files you shouldn't have a problem.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
You probably didn't play on AntiTCC servers. The beta patches wouldn't work on them, as AntiTCC was tuned to specific patches.

J

Jakob

Sir_Brizz said:
You probably didn't play on AntiTCC servers. The beta patches wouldn't work on them, as AntiTCC was tuned to specific patches.

I've had nothing but trouble with it on my server. It either crashes on startup, or it kicks people who I know aren't cheating. I finally gave up and removed it and things have been running fine ever since. Epic would at least have resources to do more QA before letting it out the door.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
yah both AntiTCC and UTSecure have more problem than they have seemed worth.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
[21:53:25] <Wormbo> maybe I'll continue at some point, but for now I'm taking a break from anti-cheat coding
[21:53:45] <Wormbo> ...well, after releasing a small tool against the latest security bypass
That tool can be downloaded here: http://ww.koehler-homepage.de/Wormbo/download2k4.html#AntiBypass
Instructions for how it works can be found inside the 3kB ZIP archive.

[21:53:48] <[BU]RaptoR> what's the deal with it b0rking 3236?
[21:53:58] <[BU]RaptoR> will this happen with every patch?
[21:55:01] <Wormbo> updating the server to 3236 and disabling fullmd5 checks should fix it
while the built-in FullMD5 checks need to be disabled in order to allow clients to connect with patch 2, nothing stops the admin from adding up-to-date FullMD5 checks manually. Just see the attached TXT file for the FullMD5 values of the U files from v3186, v3204 and v3236. These only needto be copied to the [AntiTCC115aLite.AntiTCCSecurity] section of the server's INI file.

Attachments

• SystemU_FullMD5s.txt
    5 KB · Views: 92

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
It's quite sad anyway that community had to take over yet again to take care of cheating in U engine based games. When Doc SiN joined Epic we thought that Epic will finally get their act together and do their job, but the results were more than disapointing. Sorry to say it harsh, but cheating in UT is as piss-easy as it ever was.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I don't think it's SUPER easy...it just goes to show that someone will find a way to cheat no matter what.

Spaz007

May 28, 2004
Sir_Brizz said:

I did because big yellow text with AntiTCC is not hard to spot when its on the screen for 30 secs doing checks. I been on at least 3 servers with no problems.

Last edited: