Error when trying to host a game

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BadMofo666

Mar 31, 2004
Clyde, OH USA
I recently try to start a listen server, and everytime I try I get this error message. I'm thinking it might be caused by a Car Ball mod that I removed, anyone know how to fix it?

UT2004 Build UT2004_Patch_[2004-06-11_16.51]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 2160 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (5672)

Failed to load 'CBall': Can't find file 'CBall'

History: UObject::SafeLoadError <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- UGameEngine::BuildServerMasterMap <- ULevel::Listen <- Listen <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- LocalMapURL <- UGameEngine::Browse <- ClientTravel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Albatross <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 676F4C57 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Last edited:

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
Open your UT2004.ini file in your UT2004>System folder...

Scroll down til' you see all the "serverpackages=" lines and make sure there's no "carball leftovers" :)

Might help although it will usually just tell you a file can't be found and not a full on error if that's the case.. worth a try though.