cd verify bypass

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

~~SIN 2000~~

I really hate the fact the my cd rom is being worked more than it should be for the intent of keeping money in someone elses pocket. is there a way that i can bypass the cd verify so that i can save my cd rom life for something more productive, and maby keep my UT in better shape by keeping it in the jewel case and not in and out of my pc. (this is a real Pain). there used to be a way but i have not heared about a new one since the update.

------------------

[OF]candyman

Nov 24, 1999
OHIO
www.iamapervert.com
Changing tthe unreal ini works..I never got the unrealtournament ini change to work..unless they finally took it out in one of the patches. You still need to cd to patch the gaem..I dont believe you can use a patch without the cd readily availible. Things may have changed so dont hold me to it.

Y

Yellow5

Why use an unsafe crack when you can just change the cd path by editing the unrealtournament.ini?

Mine reads:

CdPath=C:\Program Files\games\UT\
And that works fine...

- Y5

BaronSamedi

RA Konig
Mar 13, 2000
Sheffield, UK
Visit site
Does this little bit of writing allow you to put the 405B patch on?

bullet2.gif

"Tiz i Saron Baramedi!!"

Seven is the answer and the answer is seven!!...........................................Im not mad..im just a bit strange?!

P

Psychomoggiebagpuss

No, Having the original CD helps you put the 405B patch on /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

psychomoggiebagpuss
AKA P.M.Bagpuss[PuF]
AKA Armadillo Dragon of the -=UDIC=-
Wielder of the Sacred Blackrock Baguette
"If there is anything bigger than my ego around here, I want it caught and shot now"

Y

Yellow5

Yes it does allow you to patch the game. This was a well known work around for Unreal as well.

- Y5

BaronSamedi

RA Konig
Mar 13, 2000
Sheffield, UK
Visit site
Yes and a no.......errr

Ill make a backup just incase it cocks up....then i'll try it.

bullet2.gif

"Tiz i Saron Baramedi!!"

Seven is the answer and the answer is seven!!...........................................Im not mad..im just a bit strange?!

BadVoodoo

Mar 16, 2000
i.am
I was just wondering what file do you have to edit in order to patch Unreal (not UT) without the cd? I want to apply the 225f patch but I can't find the cd. Any help would be appreciated!

BaronSamedi

RA Konig
Mar 13, 2000
Sheffield, UK
Visit site
Obviously there will be already on there, which means you do not add...but change!

This is a guess and i haven't checked.

bullet2.gif

"Tiz i Saron Baramedi!!"

BaronSamedi

RA Konig
Mar 13, 2000
Sheffield, UK
Visit site
Obviously there will be already on there, which means you do not add...but change!

This is a guess and i haven't checked.

bullet2.gif

"Tiz i Saron Baramedi!!"

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
Yellow 5,

on that ini mod.."CdPath=C:\Program Files\games\UT\"

do you mean:
CdPath=$unrealtournament$
?
where $unrealtournament$ = your game's install location (C:\unrealtournament - by default)? or did you copy the CD to your hard drive?

bullet2.gif

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me." ~ Robert A. Heinlein
nguid:453406

jeescee

Mar 15, 2000
Visit site
Just changing the .ini to the path i installed UT in didn't work for me. Is it because of the 405B patch or do you have to copy the cd to the hd?

bullet2.gif

"The answer" said the mouse, "is Forty-Two."

Y

Yellow5

In the unrealtournament.ini file under the [Engine.Engine] section I changed:

CdPath=D:

to

CdPath=C:\Program Files\games\UT\

And that worked for me. =) I'm running with a normal full install of UT right now. No magic, no secrets, that's all I've done.

- Y5