PDA

View Full Version : Sticklebrix!

Chrysaor
14th Jun 2004, 09:22 PM
I realize no one ever checks this forum, but on the off chance someone does and could help, I'd be appreciative.

I just bought 2k4, and the thing won't install. It gets to CD3 and just stops. I cleaned and checked everything I know how to in the 98se software and all that good junk, but I'm at my wits end *squak* wits end!

Hopefully this is simple and easy ...

Chrysaor
16th Jun 2004, 03:02 PM
The problem seems to be that it won't recognize it while I'm installing. It recognizes the CD sometimes when I'm not in the install process, but it says it's unavailable when I'm half way there. Like some women I know.

Balton
16th Jun 2004, 08:20 PM
Just switch to XP, you're doing yourself a big fat favour!

Chrysaor
16th Jun 2004, 11:17 PM
Yeah, I think that would help. But looking around, it seems many, many other people are having the same problem. It seems to be related to how the hdd communicates with the dvd-rom. But so far none of the other advice I've found has quite fixed it.

Thanks for looking here btw, I didn't expect any response. :P

Chrysaor
18th Jun 2004, 01:40 PM
I've done so much good in trying to fix it that now my mouse broke!

WEEEeeeeEEEEeeee!1!11!!!

Balton
19th Jun 2004, 01:36 PM
Yeah, I think that would help. But looking around, it seems many, many other people are having the same problem. It seems to be related to how the hdd communicates with the dvd-rom. But so far none of the other advice I've found has quite fixed it.

Thanks for looking here btw, I didn't expect any response. :P

I dont own a dvd drive yet (duh!) so I can't relate to these kind of problems...
heck... I prolly should buy a new computer for the new games although my last upgrade isnt even a half year old... SUCKAGE!

Chrysaor
20th Jun 2004, 03:43 AM
hehe, my comp's 4 years old. :D

X22887
26th Jun 2004, 03:14 AM
try downloading the latest avaliable drivers for reading dvd's and etc that may help other than that I'm at a loss