Chalk up another win for common sense.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The Purple Bunny

Super Mario Breakdance!
Jun 27, 2003
Hot South GA
www.bunnyhaetsu.net
http://story.news.yahoo.com/fc?cid=34&tmpl=fc&in=US&cat=Church___State_Issues

Wether or not how I feel about the issue in this situation is irrelevant. I'm just glad the idiot lost. I knew he would, given that he was trying to sue "on behalf of his daughter", when not only did he not have legal custody of her, but she's old enough to make her own choice on wether to say "Under God".

Behalf of his daughter my ass, anyway. Seemed more like a way for him to push his wants and using his own child as a medium.

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
Ok, so he's atheist, meaning he doesn't believe in god. Therefore 'god' would just become another word. So what's the harm in saying 'god' in the Pledge of Allegiance? It wouldn't be condemning an atheist to anywhere by saying it, because they don't believe in such things.

Anyways, it's good that he lost. He's just another stupid lawyer trying to screw with the government and us citizens. :rolleyes:

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
An Atheist should care because the state is sponsoring religion, or recognition of god anyway. He isn't paying for his government to sponsor a religion, that's not his job, its job is to protect its citizens and guaranteeing their freedoms.

I agree that he has no jurisprudence (correct usage?) but he still has a point.

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
You may not pay them to do those things, but they don't effect your constitutional rights. If they did then the judicial system fixes it. At some point the Supreme court will make the decision for us, but we'll have to wait for an actual suite.

However, the, "Don't like it, Don't say it" policy has already been proven unconstitutional in regards to gays in the military. You should be careful pushing Clinton-like ideas ;)

Zlal

New but not improved.
Nov 4, 2001
Exeter
I don't know anything about american school and whatnot, but I know that I don't agree with the firm christian morals that are forced upon children in englnad.

You go to school and are taught a lot of basic christian beliefs and other such things. I think schools should leave it to a topic in RE rather than prayers in assembley.

If not because it bores the hell out of most children, but because theres just something wrong about it. Children should be free to make up their own minds rather than be influenced by the second biggest factor in their lives besides their parents.