Walk up walls?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rotgut

Nov 18, 1999
Visit site
I'm no good at making mods or anything, but often times I've wondered if it would be possible to make a mod that lets players walk up and down walls and other vertical surfaces, maybe on the ceiling or something?

Perhaps a powerup in the form of some magnetic boots?

I think it would add a new dimension to the game that could be kind of cool... or this could all just be a sucky notion.

Rotgut

I

ImagoX

Hmmmmmm.... methinks someone has been playing Aliens vs. Predator again... =)

Seriously though, I'm assuming you are thinking of something like AvsP in Unreal? If you have NOT played AvsP, then go out and get the game IMMEDIATELY! It was lukewarm at best when playing as a Colonial Marine or Predator, but it totally KICKED MONKEY BUTT playing as the Alien! No weapons but claws and tail, but blinding speed and the abality to run on all surfaces, even the walls and ceilings...

I can see it now. The "Ninja Death" mod for U:T. Only melee weapons (knife, sword, garrotte), and the ability to run on all the walls... That would be sweeeeet. It's times like these I wish I was a programmer (sigh)...
ImagoX

bullet2.gif

"If you ever drop your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go because, man, they're gone."
-Jack Handey

ATP

Mar 11, 2000
atpmusic.tripod.com
Imago-X,
you got it right on all fronts!

AvsP sucks when you play with the Marine;
AvsP is cool when you play with the Predator;
But it absolutely ROCKS when you play with the Alien!!!

And you'd better start to learn some heavy duty UT programming, 'cause that Ninja Death mod sounds finger-licking good.... ;-)

bullet2.gif

Consistency is the defence of a small mind. (Beldin - Eddings)