I will give you 1,000,000 dollars

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Iomega

Dec 21, 1999
Dallas, TX, USA
Visit site
Help me fix this problem, I get this error everytime trying to go in the UT menu...
grrrrr.JPG

I have a P3 450 256mb SDRAM, V3 3000.

I have uninstalled UT and deleted the folder, and reinstalled it and I get the same error. I even reinstalled windows...and it still no work. I need to get this working cause the UTI tourny is coming up next week...HELP!!!

[This message has been edited by Iomega (edited 03-15-2000).]

G

GunnerX

Hahaha, that's a Window's special feature. Microsoft was kind enough to add in GPF as a feature for Windows. I'm having the same probs. Looks like a pointer problem. Have you tried reinstalling UT?.. I think I'm going to do that tonight.

HuFlungzeDung

Nov 24, 1999
Kanada
Visit site
Could I get 10% down before I give you some help? /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif It sounds like your computer has trouble switching between glide and software mode (which I believe it uses in the menus). Also, set your windows desktop to 16 bit color, with the rez being at least as high as what you are trying to start up UT in (such as 800x600 or 1024 x 768). Make sure that you have Directx7 installed. Run Dxdiag to check out your system's drivers for problems.

Try starting UT up in safe mode and see how far you can get. While you are in there, turn off 3d sound.

[This message has been edited by HuFlungDung (edited 03-15-2000).]

Kraghlx

Mar 15, 2000
Visit site
Are you saying that you have never been able to load UT to play? Or this happens under certain conditions?

What exactly do you mean by "go in the UT menu"?

I had a problem like this if I was running UT and then I tried to get to the server under the multiplayer menu. Every time my modem would connect me to the web UT would crash with a similar error message. It works fine if I connect first or if I minimize UT (back to Windows desktop)

Good luck!

Iomega

Dec 21, 1999
Dallas, TX, USA
Visit site
I have been playing UT for 2 months. And this just started happening. I can load the intro map, then when I hit ESC to go to the menu, it closes and that error pops up. I have run it in safe mode and I don't get any further.

XSenergy

Nov 26, 1999
Arlington, TX USA
Visit site
Try new or different drivers. Actually try software mode first and see if it's your hardware acceleration causing the problem. If it is, then get new drivers or something. If not, format you comp /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

XSenergy

Nov 26, 1999
Arlington, TX USA
Visit site
Try new or different drivers. Actually try software mode first and see if it's your hardware acceleration causing the problem. If it is, then get new drivers or something. If not, format you comp /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

HuFlungzeDung

Nov 24, 1999
Kanada
Visit site
You likely already have DxDiag. Its under program files/directx/setup.
How many installations of your video card have you gone through? Maybe the registry is screwy from that?

Iomega

Dec 21, 1999
Dallas, TX, USA
Visit site
Yep..everthing was fine...except one of these...
"The file 3Dfx16v3.drv is uncertified, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs. You may be able to get a certified driver from the manufacturer of the hardware device."

[OF]candyman

Nov 24, 1999
OHIO
www.iamapervert.com
Did you try what someone else suggested and hook up to the internet then try starting it up (once you are logged onto the internet)? I remember that also happening to me but I dont remember the error.

[OF]candyman

Nov 24, 1999
OHIO
www.iamapervert.com
If you think it could be virtual memory related ( I doubt it) but go to start then settings then control panel then into the system folder...go to performance tab then click on virtual memory. where it says let me decide my own memory settings (check it) then type in 200 max and 200 min (yes the same number) and let windows reboot. Make sure you have 200 meggs free on your hard drive also!!! It will warn you about windows may not be able to start corectly but it should if not go into safe mode and change it back to let windows manage my virtual memory I dont think it will help but you could try it!!

K

krypto

I feel you pain. I used to have the same problem. It was very very frequent. It still crops up every now and then, but rarely. And only in the startup screen after the intro. Here's what I did.

Copy the entire UT cd to your hard drive then install from there, for reasons I dont want to get into. I also start my game in a window. This helped alot. Just before I start to play I maximize the game so I dont have to play in a window. I know all this sounds cheesy but it worked for me. Good luck.

bullet2.gif

Thats was nasty

Talon

Dec 26, 1999
Canada
go.to
Sounds like one heck of a problem. I wish i could help but i don't get that error, i get a different one!! /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif Ah well it doesn't happen that often.

Pt.jpg

bullet2.gif

Let your greatness silence all those who oppose you and cause them to run away cowardly at the sight of your name.