RE:VOODOO3 and ATHALON 600

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FATBOY

Mar 15, 2000
franklin, ma,usa
Visit site
Can someone help...

I have an Athalon 600, a voodoo3 3000 agp, 128 ram (PC133), and a FIC SD11 motherboard. Nomatter what I do...I can't seem to get very good performance running UT or Quake3. I have the latest drivers from 3dfx and newest directx. What could be the problem...?

HuFlungzeDung

Nov 24, 1999
Kanada
Visit site
Your system should be rockin'. What kind of framerates are you getting? Are you getting GP faults or what? Tell us more about your system so we can compare notes. Are you running UT in glide mode or what?

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
Yeah.. run the framerate monitor (console -> timedemo 1) or choose it from the tools menu in the UT GUI.

Run LavaGiant with 16 bots for about 10 minutes.. run all over the place.. let us know what your low/avg/high FPS is.

bullet2.gif

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me." ~ Robert A. Heinlein
nguid:453406

VaShooter

The Ol`e man is back
Jan 25, 2000
Chesapeake VA
Visit site
Hey Rooster, wouldn`t he get a better idea of his times, if he did the timedemo on the city intro. Controled no changing varibles?
just asking cause thats where I do my test from when comparing different drivers etc..Plus when comparing the times to other people differences such as maps standing in a hallway or looking into outer space don`t enter into the formula..

bullet2.gif

He Shoots..He Scores..He gets shot in the back.
new ingame name Yr2ESY Nguid 629493

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
Va, probably - but I have the intro map off, and I've never checked it for framerate, and I'm a much bigger believer in testing what you'll actually be running (ie a map - and LavaGiant is a good test of frame rate).

Hell, before a game starts, I get 70-80fps at 1024x768 high everything. I don't know what would happen on the flyby.

bullet2.gif

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me." ~ Robert A. Heinlein
nguid:453406