Assault Race Maps

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mike Lemmer

Troubleshooter
Jun 13, 2004
www.paranoia-live.net
I enjoy playing Assault Race maps. Unfortunately, the ones I've played so far all look like crap, and play like it as well.

Which Assault Race maps, if any, do you recommend? If not, does anyone plan on making a decent Assault Race map?

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
Eh...you say you enjoy playing these maps, but you also say they all look and play like crap. :confused:
So far, I liked most of these creations, but I'm still waiting for the first FULL release of a map. AS-Hellbenderrace-beta7_SKJAI is, AFAIK the last beta of the Hellbender-series, and it starts to look really nice as well (bot AI is still nothing, though :( ).
All the other maps are still 'already fun, but the eye candy and decent balance isn't implemented yet'. I'm not even sure such a balance can even be made...

Mike Lemmer

Troubleshooter
Jun 13, 2004
www.paranoia-live.net
Eh...you say you enjoy playing these maps, but you also say they all look and play like crap.

Great idea, bad execution, I say. I'm disappointed at the quality evident so far. They could be better.

So far, I liked most of these creations, but I'm still waiting for the first FULL release of a map. AS-Hellbenderrace-beta7_SKJAI is, AFAIK the last beta of the Hellbender-series, and it starts to look really nice as well.

I hope so. I ended up playing beta3 three times straight. I don't know why people were so hellbent on not doing beta7. Does it take care of the bug where you could see the tires of the Hellbenders through the track from below?