Two Mapping Tutorials by Hourences

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
Hourences, the mastermind behind DM-Rankin and DM-Rajigar, has released two new tutorials for UT2003/4 mapping, About Terrains and About Texturing.
The tutorials are mainly about what to do to make your terrain look good and how to get decent texturing in your maps.
The tutorials are not about HOW to make it, for that there are plenty of other tutorials out there, but on WHY you do something. How to make it feel and look good. Explaining the theory and idea behind something.
They are primarily focused on UT200X but the theories behind it are universal and can be used for almost any game out there.
The tutorials are viewable over at his site.

stephen_casey_1964

Toy Sculptor
Apr 9, 2004
Tacoma WA, USA
I have played DM-Rajigar more than any other map. DM-Sae is a close second. Dude really knows how to make a well rounded map. Bye the way thank you Hourences. Your maps are gifts that keep on giving! ;)

Last edited:

NozzeM

Mar 15, 2003
Visit site
Well, i knew those things about terrain already sjoerd but it's a damn nice tutorial :). Hope others will finally understand how to do terrain. I didn't even know that you had 2 types of grass in dawn.