Memory problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
K

krypto

My computer will not recognize my added RAM. Can I get some help here? Please? Going from 64 to 128. Looked at my CMOS but there was nothing there that seemed I could change.

------------------
Thats was nasty

FenderTX

Dec 6, 1999
Texas
Visit site
well i had that problem too..and I went through all kinds of cmos and bios settings crap like that..and eventually i figured out that i just didn't have the damn thing pushed in far enough..I guess that probably doesn't help you much since your probably not as big of a bonehead as me but you might want to try it. Sometimes it can seem like you have it in all the way but if any part of the gold contacts are not in all of the way it won't work

also make sure you bought the right kind of ram..for instance PC100 SDRAM will work with systems that can't take advantage of the 100mhz memory speed..but it's my understanding that RDRAM and other memory types will not work with systems that are not made to use it...i dunno..but as a general rule if you have the right kind of ram (and its not defective (I've heard that occasionally that happens)) all you have to do is stick it in and windows will recognize it..you might not even see a new hardware message or anything like that.. but if you look under system information you'll see that your system ram shows the correct amount

K

krypto

You know, the one thing I didn't do was make sure I actually did have it in all the way. I've done this alot before (put in RAM) but wouldnt you know it, I am atleast as big a bonehead as you. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif That was my problem! lol Thanks, I'm just glad I didn't waste more time.

bullet2.gif

Thats was nasty