UT server on Linux RedHat - how???

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Honey

Mar 15, 2000
Denmark
www.itws.net
I want to install UT-server on linux is that possible - and how do I do it. Do I have to install the full UT or is there a special server part? Where can I find that???

abfackeln

you can download the linux patches here:
http://unreal.epicgames.com/TournamentVersions.htm

you will still need the windows cd to make it work .. i suggest you have at least redhat 6.0 or you will have a lot of trouble .. also, you need xdelta-1.1 to install the 402 patch and you need JDK to make ngWorldStats work (otherwise, you can still "enable" them, but they will not actually work -- this is very annoying when people do this)

all in all, it is a pain in the *** .. i think i will make an RPM someday of the whole thing, but i want them to make a 405 patch first because 402 will not let me turn off the auto-download feature which means people will clog my connection if i get new maps .. blah

bullet2.gif

-abf.