PDA

View Full Version : Good Lightning, bad lightning!

SkaarjMaster
10th Jun 2004, 08:44 AM
Good Lightning: The Tampa Bay Lightning won the Stanley Cup! Woohoo!!!

Bad lightning: We had a storm last night in Tampa and the electricity went off 4 times. Two of those times I was on the computer and my Klipsch speakers make a serious popping sound when it happens and it sounds like something went bad inside the case. Everytime this happens it freaks me out. And, I wasn't on the computer during the storm. The first time was before it started and the second time was after it passed just before midnight.

Just doing some venting..................:biggrin2:

Corion
10th Jun 2004, 07:33 PM
I always turn my PC and all its peripherals off during lightning storms of any magnitude. I'm too afraid something is going to break, and I don't have the money to replace it.

Oh: and I wanted to add ... its best to leave any software volume sliders down to about half (windows volume control, in-game volumes) and adjust the volume using your speaker nobs, if possible. This way the software won't try to output amplified sounds your speaker's can't interpret properly (or safely). I always got a little popping or clicking when I used the software sliders, but since I started using my speaker volume nob, I've had a lot less problem with them.

SkaarjMaster
10th Jun 2004, 09:40 PM
Well, I keep the sliders where they are and adjust the speaker volume. The problem is my main volume is at about 3/4 to 4/5 up and my speaker volume only goes up to 80 and if I turn it way down, I would have to almost crank it all the way up all the time. Anyway, I may try some adjusting this summer on that anyway.