PDA

View Full Version : Loading hints

Pompa
10th Jun 2004, 07:51 AM
hello all, thx for a great mod pity there arnt as many players/servers for this gametype though on ut2004 :(

anyway my question is - can you turn off the game hints on the loading screen? i have turned all mine off in ut2004, by editing the .int files. i tried looking in the same file in jalibreak, but didnt see any such thing. the hints from jailbreak have also replaced were my other hints would have been. any ideas?

thx Pompa

TK v3
10th Jun 2004, 10:58 AM
Why would you want to? They seem OK as it is... in fact they can be bloody helpful if you've had the equivalent of an aneurism.

Pompa
11th Jun 2004, 03:23 PM
granted they CAN be helpful, and they do infact do their job, but that wasnt my question. i was wondering if i could turn them off, i like to view the images at full screen. just a personal preferance. help appreciated.

Birelli
12th Jun 2004, 01:57 AM
The gametype-specific hints all appear to be hard-coded. This is true of ONS, AS, and VCTF, as well as JB. Possibly there are other default gametypes that do this as well, those are just the ones I looked up trying to figure out how it was done. Unless there's some variable that can be set or something like that I don't think it's possible to deactivate these hints.

Wormbo
12th Jun 2004, 06:20 AM
For Jailbreak these hints can be found or changed in Jailbreak.int, [Jailbreak], TextHintJailbreak.

Pompa
12th Jun 2004, 12:04 PM
thx but i already had a look in the .int file but all i got in there is this -

[Public]
Object=(Class=Class,MetaClass=XInterface.GUIUserKeyBinding,Name=Jailbreak.JBGUIUserKeyBinding)

i looked there first cause thats were the ut hints are stored.
ut2k4assault.int/Onslaught.int etc.

Wormbo
13th Jun 2004, 05:01 AM
It's not there by default, but you can easily add it.

Pompa
17th Jun 2004, 08:35 PM
sorry i dont quite understand? you mean add the line into the jailbreak.int? would that overide the hints?

Mychaeel
18th Jun 2004, 03:56 AM
Yes.[Jailbreak.Jailbreak]
TextHintJailbreak=()