To Rooster

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Malsar

Dec 24, 1999
Canada
Visit site
I would like to respond to your comments in the thread "Playstation 2 and X-Box: Is PC Gaming Ending or Changing?" in this thread, lest we interrupt the discussion.

The whole article was written by Chad Wilson. Chad Wilson just happens to be me. For your information, not everyone who posts on message boards is only capable of saying "Q3A sucks" or "UT RULEZ." I'm an amateur writer practicing my skills. As for Windows 2000, my friend owns a copy and is having lots of trouble running Homeworld and Fallout. Apparently, W2K has lots of driver bugs and problems with video card installation which Microsoft neglected during development (although I have only heard this in rumors). And if you ask for proof of my writing, here are some links to other articles I wrote:

http://www.relic.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/003032.html

http://www.relic.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/003096.html

http://www.relic.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/003252.html

I also do a little humor from time to time. It helps keep a lighthearted and friendly atmosphere in the message boards:

http://www.relic.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/003051.html

http://www.relic.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/003191.html

I hope this puts things into perspective for you. One of the reasons I stopped posting on this message board for a short while was because people kept screaming, yelling, and accusing other members of various things all the time. Constant cursing and flames wars are tiring and totally pointless. Please be understanding.

------------------

"Learn about art Captain. When you understand a species' art, you understand that species"
-- Grand Admiral Thrawn

[This message has been edited by Malsar (edited 03-14-2000).]

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
Oh, I can understand totally. I just found that most people that can write of your calibre, or let me rephrase: Writings of that calibre are typically copied from more professional sources than forums. Hence my doubt to the origination of said post. You have my apologies. I think you know that I'm a most reasonable person when presented with facts calmly and smartly. You have done so. I may not agree with it, and my tone may have taken on a slight antagonistic edge. Perhaps you can understand why, based on the thoughts that it was plagarised (sp?).

Fallout - great game.. After playing it through on Windows 95 (not sure I even tried on 98) I felt no need to go back. Honestly, no reason to. Homeworld - I've heard great thigns about it, but if it wasn't made for 98 or NT, then chances are it won't work. I'm actually surprised Homeworld doesn't work - but then again, I have NO knowledge of Homeworld other than it's a space game. As for Video drivers... that's what video card manufacturer web sites are for. If those manufacturers aren't putting out drivers, bitch at them, not Microsoft (don't get me wrong, lots of people have lots of legit reasons to bitch at MS, drivers are not one of them though).

As for proof, I need none. I gladly take you at your word.

W2K plays what games I want to play - for the time being. And for that, I'm very pleased. I'll not be going back to Win9x unless they drag me kicking and screaming. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me." ~ Robert A. Heinlein
nguid:453406

Mute

All you have to do is smile!
This forum has a lot of flamewars?

[sarcasm]
Where have you been living, in Wonderland?
[/sarcasm]

Seriously though, my point is that the planet unreal forums are the most FlameWar Free bulletin boards/forums/newsgroups that I have ever participated in.

Sure, we have people around who make sarcastic comments *cough* and practice a tad bit of eliticism, but Planet Unreal Forums ARE Wonderland compared to any other place I've ever been.

Except for barcode boy. heheeeee.....

bullet2.gif

Mute|PuF: Rumormonger for hire.

Malsar

Dec 24, 1999
Canada
Visit site
Apology heartily accepted Rooster! I don't know what type of games you prefer (besides Unreal Tournament of course) but if you are interested in a very good game, try Homeworld. It's a little short, but very enjoyable. Homeworld features incredibly immersive music, a very strong story, and a great game engine. I highly recommend it!
/~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

"Learn about art Captain. When you understand a species' art, you understand that species"
-- Grand Admiral Thrawn

F

[FiS]Prophetus|PUF

Malsar...glad you accepted Rooster's apology. He's a nice guy, but can take some things skeptically. As it should be. Online frauds are rampant and present themselves in every form of media formats. Glad you aren't one of them. Good job on those articles /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Malsar

Dec 24, 1999
Canada
Visit site
Why, thank you Prophetus. I must say I am surprised plagiarism is such a big problem on the net. I have not visited message boards that long, only about 6 months. It's a pity people commit such crimes. I am finding the internet a great tool for writing ideas and feedback.

Blatant Bastich - Lol. Thanks for the invitation Blatant, but I'm only an enthusiastic amateur. I don't have any formal education in writing or journalism. Actually, I am studying to become an Accountant. I will write in my spare time until the opportunity to pursue a writing career presents itself. I like writing quite a lot, it keeps me creative. However, I like eating regularly too /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

-- Grand Admiral Thrawn

P

Psychomoggiebagpuss

Ah...

*sniff*

*pmb wipes a tear from his eye*

Isn't it nice when we all get along...

*click*

*pmb puts his finishing touches on his quantum nuke rocket....now if he could only work out where fatson was currently in residence....at least to the neares mile /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif*

bullet2.gif

psychomoggiebagpuss
AKA P.M.Bagpuss[PuF]
AKA Armadillo Dragon of the -=UDIC=-
Wielder of the Sacred Blackrock Baguette
"If there is anything bigger than my ego around here, I want it caught and shot now"

P

Psychomoggiebagpuss

DOH!

Must stop using the back button /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif