PDA

View Full Version : Server Problem

Elkhound
10th Jun 2004, 01:37 AM
Hey all i dont know if this is already asked on the forum but i cant find it. anyway i want to host a server to play with my friend. First a had a problem that there were no vehicles but that was because of that thingy i needed to put in my UT2004.ini. now i did that and i installed the latest unreal patch but now you are in a vehicle when you spawn but you cant drive..... I dont know what to do please help me. Thx.

Elkhound

Diego1203
10th Jun 2004, 02:05 AM
When you say you installed the latest unreal patch, are you talking about the 3204 patch? That might be causing the problem, although I haven't had that exact problem, but we have had problems with 3204 crashing the multiplayer of UnWheel. Hopefully there will be a new patch from Epic sometime soon.

Buy the way, nice avatar.

Elkhound
10th Jun 2004, 02:06 AM
Ive got the patch 3227. And I just cant drive and when i hit spacebar my screen stays black...

Thx does it look real? ;)

MeSsInA
10th Jun 2004, 04:09 PM
Wait Elk your telling me you put that on, Looks real no joke!

Elkhound
10th Jun 2004, 04:43 PM
Wait Elk your telling me you put that on, Looks real no joke! Yep i made it. Its easier than you think....
:) All you need is Paint Shop Pro or Photo Shop!!!

atticbat
16th Jun 2004, 12:52 AM
Heheh...

hey all ;)

Just checking your forums in regards to server setups and running UnWheel for MP play.

Opcode set up his server at gamerzunlimited.com to run this mod and we are having a few issues.

Mainly, I can play just fine offline, but when I join I have no controls at all...

I am so hoping there is an easy fix as we all really want to try this.

Any help is of course appreciated!

I have pasted the approrpiate readme info into our forums, hoping to help him out...

Will post a link to this thread ;)

Kippenijzer
16th Jun 2004, 05:11 AM
I am having the same problem. Vehicle Spawns fine (both server and client run 3236, server=linux). Sometimes (think all the time now 3236 is on) there are two vehicles spawnd on top of eachother (I'm the only one connecting, and no bots enabled).
But then I can't drive and soft or hard vehicle reset (crtl or space) blank the screen and nothing else happens.

My server console outputs the following messages :

UWPlayer UWKB-Billiards.UWPlayer (Function UnWheel.UWPlayer.PostBeginPlay:0025) Accessed array 'Times' out of bounds (8/8)
New Player Kippenijzer id=<nototrelevantI'ldsay>
4 times : UWSeeker UWKB-Billiards.UWSeeker (Function UnWheel.UWCar.PostNetBeginPlay:00ED) Accessed None 'KParams'
1 time : UWSeeker UWKB-Billiards.UWSeeker (Function UnWheel.UWCar.TryToDrive:000C) Accessed None 'P'
Close TcpipConnection 217.122.229.10:4254 Wed Jun 16 12:00:26 2004
12 times : UWSeeker UWKB-Billiards.UWSeeker (Function Engine.KVehicle.ClientKDriverLeave:0032) Accessed None 'myHUD'

For other cars it does the same for the other car type.

It's real sad, as It's real fun to play, but just being able to play in single player is what would kill the mod :'(

ProjectX
16th Jun 2004, 05:52 AM
Hm... I think this might require som more testing

*goes off to play UnWheel*

3236 that's the absolute latest patch right?

Diego1203
16th Jun 2004, 07:23 AM
Yeah, 3236 is official now too.

atticbat
17th Jun 2004, 01:25 AM
so, then... is this something everyone is encountering online? If not, maybe you could post or we could compare to see what we have set wrong...

those models are amazing!

ProjectX
17th Jun 2004, 03:29 AM
so, then... is this something everyone is encountering online? If not, maybe you could post or we could compare to see what we have set wrong...

those models are amazing!

Well done Epic! Another patch another breakage in Unheel code!

ProjectX
26th Jun 2004, 07:07 AM
Well done Epic! Another patch another breakage in Unheel code!

I think I know what it might be. Since U2K4 uses SVehicles maybe they just got rid of the KVehicle Network code to speed things up? So if we were to port to SVehicles (which we are doing) we'll be able to play in them again? Does that make sense?

Do people have this problem online with USpeed?

carmatic
26th Jun 2004, 07:38 AM
hurry up!port it over!

Shrimp
1st Jul 2004, 02:39 AM
Do people have this problem online with USpeed?

UnrealSpeed is not UT2004 compatible so it wouldn't affect them...

I really don't know what Epic are doing with each and every patch which manages to break UnWheel in one way or another... :(

ProjectX
1st Jul 2004, 03:32 AM
UnrealSpeed is not UT2004 compatible so it wouldn't affect them...

I really don't know what Epic are doing with each and every patch which manages to break UnWheel in one way or another... :(

Maybe they REALLY didn't want you to win Phase II and now they're angry.

dub
7th Jul 2004, 04:08 PM
I'm also having a similar problem.
I add the lines to my .ini and I'm on the newest patch.
But now when I join/host a game the game either crashes or freezes the joining player...

ProjectX
8th Jul 2004, 05:36 AM
that would be th new patch's fault. Sorry there's nothing we could put in a quik patch to fix it because we have to port everything to SVehicles.

carmatic
8th Jul 2004, 01:36 PM
then epic will have to issue another patch, to fix this patch...