It's sooooo unfair!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
I

ImagoX

Well, IMHO, it WOULD be sort of nice to get a frag for blasting someone off the map... I'm not a programmer, but perhaps the parameters of the frag could be that the player dies following taking damage from a blast-type weapon, if they THEN take either lethal falling damage or exit the map confines. (Shrug...)

-ImagoX

bullet2.gif

"If you ever drop your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go because, man, they're gone."
-Jack Handey

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
I get p!ssed off when I shoot someone and they fall off a cliff/ledge/whatever. I'd much rather have the frag.

And, opposite from you, I'd much rather have a suicide than see the enemy get a frag. Spiteful, but that's the way I think. I have the spacebar binded to Hahaha, and I hit it every time I commit (or see) a suicide.

You say you could "Frag you"... who was this directed towards? Given long enough, the lowest player will eventually frag the highest player, so I believe you, but careful about the machismo. There are some real good players in this forum. They like to teach you, if you're kind to them.

bullet2.gif

I like you better in your rags, Cinderella, 'cause that's when you like to play.

Voyd-

Nov 24, 1999
Visit site
its already implemented to a certain degree with death traps like the Pressure Chamber in dm-pressure.

but like what was said above, theres too many variables to be able to determine it from a weapon hit alone.

i actually find it cool, and funny when i know i just made someone fall off a cliff or crater. i wouldnt wanna get the frag anyways cause it wasnt a true kill. just knowing they got 1 less off their score is just fine.

[This message has been edited by Voyd (edited 03-13-2000).]

seeker

Mar 9, 2000
Visit site
I think it's unfair that when you get knocked off a ledge by a shot from someone and then you end up dying because of the fall (like in space) they call that a suicide. I think the person who shot you first and made you fall should get a frag and you should not get penalized with a suicide. It's so unfair.

ATP

Mar 11, 2000
atpmusic.tripod.com
Noooo, my friend.

It would be unfair if someone got a frag because he shot somebody of the map.
The tricky part is, how would you know who exactly shoots who? I can imagine, when it's crowded, that several people might be aiming at you at the same time. Maybe even as you fall. Who gets the frag then?

And most importantly: If the player who gets thrown in a cliff DOESN'T lose a frag, that could be a very easy way to escape pursuers. Just throw yourself in a ravine and continue someplace else...now THAT would be unfair...

bullet2.gif

Consistency is the defence of a small mind. (Beldin - Eddings)

Mute

All you have to do is smile!
That would necessitate some wild programming gymnastics, however. What is someone shot you 10 seconds ago, then you really did accidentally fall off a ledge? It would be rather hard to differentiate those circumstances.

bullet2.gif

Mute|PuF: Rumormonger for hire.

S

Selerox[PuF]

Guess who just got their a$$ kicked on DM-Peak and is a bit bitter about it /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

bullet2.gif

PuF: Come play dying.

[This message has been edited by Selerox[PuF] (edited 03-13-2000).]

seeker

Mar 9, 2000
Visit site
First of all I'm not whining. I thought I'd post a topic of interest. Second I don't really consider myself getting a$$ kicked anymore. I did when I first started playing which I'm sure you did too. Although I haven't actually won any games yet /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif I've come close. For only playing for 2 weeks now I'm getting pretty good and I'm sure I can frag you. I just think it's unfair to get shot off into space they call that a suicide. I understand it's part of the game and will adjust my game play so it doesn't happen again. I definitely get back at who shot me off when I get a hold of the Redeemer I shoot'em in the head /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif.

Mr Z

Dec 3, 1999
Visit site
Well I don't know what gametype your refering to, but in CTF when I get shot off a cliff by some trigger happy teammate it drives me insane, not only because I die but I also get a suicide. I don't log stats anymore so I could care less about a suicide, but when your chasing a flag carrier and your teammate knocks you off a cliff and your opponent scores It would be nice to see them get a teamkill.

bullet2.gif

all that I know...
The Unknown Knows

CHRYSt

You can't help that. We're all mad here.
Jan 14, 2000
www.crawlspaceradio.com
I think getting knocked off cliffs and getting a suicide is part of the game. I also think that if whiney bitches were dollars, I'd have a shítload of dallars /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

"Where's the BACTINE?! Some of this blood is MINE!!" -- JTHM

TheReaper[NWA]

Dec 6, 1999
Corvallis, OR
Visit site
SiN had it
u shoot someone off an edge, u get the frag
"___ was pushed over the edge by ___"
really cool **** too. I too think its unfair, on maps such as morpheus, it takes skill to push someone completely over w/a shock rifle or sumthin, should get a frag for it.

Reaper

VaShooter

The Ol`e man is back
Jan 25, 2000
Chesapeake VA
Visit site
Well I wish I had a frag for every time someone (shoved, blasted, or what ever) me off into outer space, but NAAAAA don`t work that way....
But I will let you onto a little secret, If your sniping and see someone falling shoot them you save them a suicide and give yourself a frag, plus they are such an easy target..

Ps. Chryst I`ll split them there dollars with you.....LOL

bullet2.gif

He Shoots..He Scores..He gets shot in the back.
new ingame name Yr2ESY Nguid 629493

[This message has been edited by VaShooter (edited 03-13-2000).]

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Lol, good point Evil Beaver. Team games are a little different in that respect, aren't they?

bullet2.gif

Yes, I know I'm full of $I-IiT - but I'm Godlike dammit!

hal{PuF}

D66

Grey Pilgrim
Feb 2, 2000
Gondolin
Visit site
Well son, let me tell ya a story...

--A colective exasperated sigh is heard from all PuFers. Some prepare to scream BullSh*t

Way back when your momma was surfin AOL there was a game called Jedi Knight

--A second sigh, Jedi Knight again?!

Now I was no Denis Fong but I did pretty well in my own right in Jedi Knight. In fact I owned a map called bespin mining station.
One day while blinded by my own greatness

--Sigh

I decided to play a perfect deathmatch. That is the game was to end with 100 frags to me and 0 to any opponent.
Well I played long and hard. If an opponent scored a kill I would knock them off the map and they would loose their kill. I wouldnt get one but that was ok. I would get them later.
At the end of the evening I accomplished my greatest gaming feat of my entire life. 100 frags, in a 3 person game where the oposing scores were -1 and 0.

The point of this story is, that I could never have accomplished this without death by falling being ruled a Suicide

And yes this IS a true story. I was in treatment and housebound at the time and had alot of time on my hands. My Nick was SpVa6

bullet2.gif

---Prof. Of Comic-Therory/Comedic-History

Beware the army of Giant Mutan Ninja Midgets!!!

wiggum_pi

Dec 28, 1999
Visit site
I have to agree with seeker in some ways. I mean, sometimes I blast the enemy flag carrier with an ASMD combo, and he'll go off the edge (like in Face). I think I deserve 5 points for that. But if there are snipers (especially respawn snipers), I prefer to push them off the edge. It makes me feel good that they are losing points. And sometimes, when my team is respawn sniping (and there are few players in the game (and we are losing because of them)), I like to imagine blasting them with a piston, into space. Of course, I don't think I've ever done this, but I probably should. </RANT>

bullet2.gif

Who's gonna be the odd man out? I want to be the odd man out.
-- [Ci]CookieMnstr|PuF