neone played any really good user designed maps?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vortex

My last status sucked
Jan 19, 2000
Planet Express
Visit site
I have played a few as I got a PC Zone and that had over 200 levels /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif. There was this domination one called "Ressurection of the Warlock" where you had to break into a castle and ressurect a warlock believe it or not. It was quite tough though as there was a really long slope up to the castle and the enemy could pick us off with rockets and stuff. Also that DM map Anubis is great! ANyhow if anyone knows any other amazing maps do tell me what they're called and where I can get them!

phishedNET

AS-Ressurection is the "ressurection of the warlock" map you speak of. Can grab it at NaliCity or UT Booty

bullet2.gif

[PuF]Rezz
Quasimodo's Lair
I alone hear his tortured screams!! Screamy noises!! Eeeeek!

H

Hertston

Get the CliffyB recommended maps on this very site at www.planetunreal.com/cliffyb.

All come with the endorsement of the man himself - so you can't go far wrong.

My personal recommendations are DM-Palazzo, DM-Anubis, CTF-Hallofgiants and AS-Bridge, but there are many more great maps out there.

BeZerKeR

Feb 12, 2000
hometown.aol.com
Here's what i've kept outta the buttload of maps I've downloaded over the past couple of months. Most of em are awesome, but there's a couple that I personally like a lot and some people don't agree with me. But then again... to each his own... you can find all of these maps at either fileleech.com or fileplanet.com and there's no map here that you can't play with at least 6 people. (I hate little 3 and 4 player maps!!!) When you unzip the files, here's where they go...
.UNR files (the ones with the UT logo) = maps folder
.UTX files = textures folder
.UAX files = sounds folder
.UMX files = music folder

Deathmatch:

DM-Scimitar: the colors, the colors
DM-Cypress: this is my current favorite DM map
DM-Bloodymouse: kick *** urban style map, BIG too
DM-AgressiveTendencies][: My Other favorite map, GET THIS ONE FIRST!
DM-9: this is one of those that I love and some people don't like
DM-Beholden: church style map that is HUGE! indoor, outdoor, and rooftop
DM-Faith: Just get it. invisible walkways, you gotta try it once
DM-Fightnight: urban style based offa T.J. Combo from Killer Intinct game
DM-Helleth: Evil lookin map. very Quake-ish. One of my Fav's. Great Layout!
DM-Jat: Interior and Exterior of a temple kinda thing.
DM-Matrixed: I know you liked the movie. now play the map

Capture the Flag:

CTF-Battle][Stations: very very cool man. invisible walled forts.
CTF-Gateways: Forts seperated by warp gates and a low gravity asteroid
CTF-Diamond: Better than Face by a long shot, lotsa servers run it
CTF-Fin: A large open battlefield with bunkers and hill. I LOVE IT!
CTF-Lostfalls: Big forts, big waterfalls, awesome layout
CTF-Sandax: Hallway mayhem, very cool map
CTF-TwinValley: great map, lotsa servers run it too
CTF-Orbital: another good one that lotsa servers run
CTF-UrbanReality: MY FAVORITE AND MOST PLAYED MAP OUTTA THIS ENTIRE LIST! It's a SAAAA-WEEEEET city urban map. It's file size is a bit big (7mb, due to a lot of custom textures and sounds) but it's totally worth it.

ASSAULT:

AS-Bridge: the best AS map out there
AS-Asthenosphere: spaceship assault. blow it up and get to the shuttle
AS-Ressurection: assault a temple (a BIG one) and release the spirit of chaos

well, those are my favorites for now... no Domination maps, cuz i kinda like the one's that come with UT and that's about anyone runs online...

L8er! Enjoy em'!

bullet2.gif

"Khorne cares not from whence the blood flows... Nor do I."

Vortex

My last status sucked
Jan 19, 2000
Planet Express
Visit site
Ouch! I predict that I will need a new hard drive for all this lot! Still, maybe I will just make a few a sacrifices. Wow, I just noticed the disk drive of the computer I'm at is full of dust! Eek! I've played a lot of crap maps that I got from that CD I mentioned. This DM one, Closer to Heaven was like Morpheus without any of the style, artificial gravity and totally stripped of the fun factor. Oh, and if you fell off the buildings, u were falling for ages (a lot longer than in Morpheus) which was annoying in instagib (my fave) as it meant all the bots were racking up frags and I was just sitting there falling to my doom! Anyway, I'm drooling at the sound of the maps [Khorne]BeZerKeR mentioned so I have to go download now!