PDA

View Full Version : .t3d files

Aus_gamer
7th Jun 2004, 10:09 PM
Hey (again),

I have some t3d files that I am trying to open in the editor. When i go to the prefab browser and import them I cannot see them. The editor thinks they are there as it has saved the info about them but I cannot see them.

I make a basic room and add one there but nothing turns up, am I missing something obvious about prefabs?

S.

Vito
10th Jun 2004, 01:59 PM
Prefabs, as far as I know, are unsupported.

Aus_gamer
10th Jun 2004, 05:29 PM
So basically if I go and buy a full version of Unreal Tornament 2004 I will get the editor which supports prefabs and has more freedom than the runtime?

Vito
11th Jun 2004, 06:50 AM
Prefabs are unsupported by Epic, as far as I know. They don't use them for anything.

Wormbo
11th Jun 2004, 07:09 AM
What are you trying to map for anyway? UT2004 and the runtime are not really compatible, so if you want to make UT2004 maps you will have to buy the game.

Aus_gamer
11th Jun 2004, 07:13 AM
I actually bought the game today, the DVD set - how cool is that. All the 3dbuzz VTMs on the DVD - GREAT and textures coming out my kazoo..

PERFECT

ja8t3d
13th Jun 2004, 10:42 PM
are you rebuilding your map after opening it in the UED?

i have tossed stuff back and forth between the runtime and the ut2kx (from time to time) w/o too much trouble - you just have to rebuild and possibly retexture

[SAS]Solid Snake
15th Jun 2004, 12:20 AM
Also as a side question, do the Static Mesh -> Brush work for UT2004 ... or is that only for specific lisences? It appears they don't work for me... Brush -> Static mesh works fine

Oagh
24th Sep 2004, 07:30 PM
Hey (again),

I have some t3d files that I am trying to open in the editor. When i go to the prefab browser and import them I cannot see them. The editor thinks they are there as it has saved the info about them but I cannot see them.

I make a basic room and add one there but nothing turns up, am I missing something obvious about prefabs?

S.
1 go brush inport "your td3"
2 inport bursh
3 add
hope that helps