PDA

View Full Version : multiplayer

master_newbie
7th Jun 2004, 02:55 PM
unwheel is very nice but for the next version you should focus on make it work online instead of adding another 50 cars :rolleyes:

I know it already "works" but what it needs is smooth multiplayer
when playing ONS or AS you can have 20 players driving around without lag! but in unwheel ... oh well :(

ProjectX
7th Jun 2004, 03:27 PM
unwheel is very nice but for the next version you should focus on make it work online instead of adding another 50 cars :rolleyes:

I know it already "works" but what it needs is smooth multiplayer
when playing ONS or AS you can have 20 players driving around without lag! but in unwheel ... oh well :(

I don't think the next version'll have a faster multi because that requires porting to SVehicles i.e. a huge change in code, models and animations. However if Shrimp started doing it a little at a time while still working on the next release we may well have moved to SVehicles by the Grand Finale.

BTW. Shrimp, I've been looking at some of the major Unreal news sites, e.g. beyondunreal and planetunreal, etc. And I've noticed that none of te sites have recognised we've released the next beta! Not even beyondunreal and they host us! So maybe we should tell them at some point and ta way we'll get a larger supply of bug reports (you know you love them really)

Shrimp
7th Jun 2004, 03:33 PM
I'm going to take a serious look into converting to SVehicle for our next version (though we have less than two months before that needs to be entered into Phase IV), as multiplayer at the moment is clearly a rather large area of concern.

BeyondUnreal did post about our release, but there are soooooo many releases going on at the moment it was pushed way down the page rather quickly (as with many other great mods)...