I'm a UT neeeewb

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ULTRA

Feb 18, 2000
SLC UT USA
www.ad-factory.com
And I'm wondering, is taunting considered llama? I'm always haveing a good time when i play and all those taunts peeps drop crack me up, more so when they are strung together. However, i can see how some would consider this most llam. I figure, if it doesn't lag the server, big deal. After all thats what they are there for. I imagine in OGL matches you would refrain from using any "say" messages and use only "say_team".

I'd also like to add that UT players on the whole are alot more fun to play with then Q3 and Q2 players. I come from those games and count of Savages is much lower here.

<^>MK-ULTRA

wiggum_pi

Dec 28, 1999
Visit site
I don't think taunting is lame. Esp. auto-taunting -- a lot of people don't even know how to turn it off (I bet). In fact, its useful to let your teammates know what's going on in a game of CTF. If you hear the other team start taunting a lot, you know that your team is dying.

bullet2.gif

Who's gonna be the odd man out? I want to be the odd man out.
-- [Ci]CookieMnstr|PuF

P

[PuF]Firestorm

I personally play as the Skaarj dude on the Bonus Pack because 1) he looks kinda cool and 2) i like that weird effect on his voice pack (sounds like MaleTwo voice but stranger..)
Although have you noticed that the Skaarj Hybrid sounds really weird when he says 'Boom' its all high-pitched and weird!
just try it..

BaronSamedi

RA Konig
Mar 13, 2000
Sheffield, UK
Visit site
Who's xan?

I use brass with the robot voice patch.

bullet2.gif

"Tiz i Saron Baramedi!!"

Seven is the answer and the answer is seven!!...........................................Im not mad..im just a bit strange?!

S

Selerox[PuF]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Who's xan?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please tell me you didn't mean that...

bullet2.gif

PuF: Come play dying.

Serpico_TC|PuF

Feb 20, 2000
Portsmouth
Visit site
Every week...
Every god damn week. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

But still, I think its OK in DM but I don't like to see it in CTF matches. Its a form of bragging and usually isn't justified. Especially the ones which call the other person 'crap'. But the 'step aside' one are fine. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif
I don't play with Auto-Taunts. Because I'm damn nice. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif
Thats all. Its up to you really.

I'd say, let your skills do the talking not your mouth.

/~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

I control the vertical and the horizontal.

CHRYSt

You can't help that. We're all mad here.
Jan 14, 2000
www.crawlspaceradio.com
Taunting is lame 4 two reasons.
1. Every newbie on the planet, using Xan who says the alpha/omega BS...god, that's annoying!

2. When I'm trying to give or acknowledge my team, and some lamer's auto taunt overrides what I'm trying to say and they don't notice. That's where it's obnoxious.

bullet2.gif

"Where's the BACTINE?! Some of this blood is MINE!!" -- JTHM

Palomides

Jan 17, 2000
members.home.com
I agree, CHRYSt, auto-taunt was funny at first, but now it is just plain annoying. Therefore I turned it off. I have two taunts mapped to my game here at work (we play on a LAN at lunch) and it is just because we all talk $hit with eachother up here, AND I think the Xan 'Bow down' taunt is kinda funny...

bullet2.gif

"I bet when the neanderthal kids would make a snowman, someone would always end up saying, "Don't forget the thick, heavy brows." Then they would all get embarrassed because they remembered they had the big hunky brows too, and they'd get mad and eat the snowman."

Palomides|PuF
http://web2.airmail.net/codyk/

Necroth

Former WeeDHead
Mar 7, 2000
Visit site
all the way up CHRYSt with you too.

And sure it's annoying trying to figureout who needed help in ctf after div. taunt coming in.
After a while i get really annouyed by these taunts. isn't there a mod that disables all these unwanted taunt's and leaves in usefull onces intact

bullet2.gif

BloW_Smoke = instaGOD

(o.k. a man needs to have dreams)

Claude_Ballz

Ballz-Like
Jan 17, 2000
Visit site
I don't think there's anything wrong with taunting. It's just one more aspect of UT that makes it shine over other games (ie:Q3).
As far as the Xan skin, whenever I see someone using it in a game, I make a mental note to frag them as much as possible. That alpha/omega thing really gets on my nerves too.
Plus, hey I've beaten the single player game, and I could use the skin if I wanted to, but I think the other skins have much more personality, especially since the bonus pack came out (except for that friggin' cow - LOL)
Just my humble opinion :)

bullet2.gif

Say Hello To My Little Friend!

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
I have auto-taunt turned off, so I only see what people are going out of there way to tell me. If they go out of their way to taunt, I enjoy it. Other'n that, auto-taunt is boring to me, and is nothing but background noise.

I have hahaha on my spacebar (mainly for suicides taken/seen) and "You Like That" for when I feel like bugging people. Other than that, I only have orders/acknowledgements for my CTF games.

Use auto-taunt if you like it. If others don't want to hear it, they can turn it off and they won't know you have it on, so it doesn't matter.

bullet2.gif

I like you better in your rags, Cinderella, 'cause that's when you like to play.

G

GunnerX

Hello, newbie here. Just started playing UT a couple of weeks ago.

I have autotaunt set to on but, after this, methinks I'm going to turn it off. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif However, I rarely look at the console since I'm too busy duking it out. It's only on lonely walkways and when I respawn that I look at the console. I guess I have to get used to it.

After playing UT CTF online, I'm not addicted to it. I just want to play all the time! Too bad I have to go to work. /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif

BTW, which server does everyone usually play at? I usually play at servers that have more than 16 people. This is mostly Face, Lava, Noxion and Coret.

Later,

GunnerX_2000

G-Lite

ftw
Jul 25, 2000
g-lite.kochen.nl
I'm not an online player yet so I just leave it on. But as soon as I start playing online I think I turn it off. I have the attack and defend orders bind to a and d. These are only orders I use for bots, I get to all others using the menu.

baronsamedi: Xan is the current jerk, errmm... chaimpion of the Unreal Tournament. That means he is the boss in single player mode. Not online ofcourse. I never play with Xan. I don't like his skin. I usually play with matrix just like may avatar. I think it's the coolest skin, it looks like he survived a heavy firefight... taking no prisoners...