3DS as Static Meshes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Aus_gamer

Jun 5, 2004
Ok I have been looking around the forums and cannot for the life of me see how to get 3DS files into the engine as a static mesh, is there some sort of convertor that I am missing or something.

Thanks for any help.

S.

Aus_gamer

Jun 5, 2004
VITO, how do you do that? Is there a MAX plugin or an external app that I need to do this.

Many thanks.

S.

Aus_gamer

Jun 5, 2004
well knock me down with a feather, look at all the export options.

Seriously, thanks for that - I have never bothered exploring what half of those do.

Once it is a ASE it will import into the static mesh section of the editor, but how do you manke one of thos USX packages?

Rest assured once I get the answers for these questions you wont hear the same thing from me again, I am not in the habit of annoying people by asking the same thing half a dozen times.

Thanks.

S.

Last edited:

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
once its imported and shows up in the staticmeshbrowser click "save" in that staticmeshbrowser

it has the regular icon, and as usual you can find Save in the menu File > save too

then itll be saved as an unreal staticmesh package = usx

Aus_gamer

Jun 5, 2004
Great, those answers are very helpful.

Does anyone know if the site www.leveldesigner.com is dead, there seems to be a lot of great tutorials on there but no functioning site.

Any ideas or answers about the site, ta.

S.

Last edited: