PDA

View Full Version : Pain2K4a3

Smoke39
5th Jun 2004, 03:25 PM
Pain2K4 a5 (http://home.pacbell.net/kockler/Pain2K4a5.zip)! :O
This (http://www.ut2003hq.com/downit2.php?ID=4716) is still needed, if you don't already have it.

Lots of new junk since the last version. I can't remember what it all is. Read the last few posts of mine to figure it out. Lots of general improvements and a few new weapons. Sniper shotgun uses the same ammo and damage type as the quad shot, which I may change. Izu jumps to targets rather than rotating smoothly. The target's distance appears next to it (so I could tell what was being targetted). This'll eventually be replaced with a crosshair type thing, or simply be removed. Zappy gun alt hasn't been started. Got some slick ideas for the shock rifle replacement swirlin' aroun' in m' head. ;3

Postal
5th Jun 2004, 05:35 PM
links broke.

Smoke39
5th Jun 2004, 05:52 PM
Free webspace is such a joy to work with. I'll go fix it.

Smoke39
5th Jun 2004, 06:52 PM
'Kay, you c'n actually download it now! ^^;

Postal
6th Jun 2004, 04:37 PM
Dont like the alien gun, love the railgun. I would like to see much less ammo, but a hair faster firing rate.

Kangus
6th Jun 2004, 05:02 PM
Alien Gun is lame.... Railgun feels good like it should, thopugh it could use some FX tweeks still.

Smoke39
6th Jun 2004, 06:19 PM
The alien weapon's nowhere near complete. That's why I didn't bother mentioning it. I know it's a piece of junk as it is now.
I'm definitely gonna be giving the railgun less ammo.
What sort of FX tweaks, Kangu?

Postal
6th Jun 2004, 07:21 PM
I think you should either shorten or extend the thermal scope range. I found it hard to see enemies past its range with the blue effect, but I did manage to score plenty of kills on unaware bots though walls. I think it should highlight all visable players, and only show players though thin walls. Hows that sound. That would prevent hunting players in the other base on CTF-Face, yet still make long range sniping easy.

Smoke39
6th Jun 2004, 07:31 PM
I don't think I can check the thickness of walls, but I think I could make the ranges at which it highlights visible players and at which it highlights players behind walls different. If I did that, is the current range good for the thermal part and have visible players not depend on range?

Eyegore
12th Jun 2004, 07:04 AM
Is there any way to make the bots be able to see thru the walls?

Smoke39
12th Jun 2004, 04:46 PM
Not that I know of, but I don't really know anything about bots.

Smoke39
14th Jun 2004, 07:22 PM
New version up. Check the first post.

Kangus
16th Jun 2004, 01:54 AM
Rocket gun's tons of fun. Nice work... I get a nasty FPS drop from the grenades when they kill me though.

Smoke39
16th Jun 2004, 03:02 PM
Eh? I don't think that's happened to me. I don't blow myself up much, though. I think it's probably the xemitters. The mine explosions in P2K3 used to lag when you were real close to them, too.

Kangus
16th Jun 2004, 04:43 PM
yeah, the bots like to kill me with them a lot.

Postal
17th Jun 2004, 06:38 PM
I have a hard time using the rocket gun effectivly, the effects are cool, but I personaly dont care for its balance. However, I still think the railguns tops.

Smoke39
18th Jun 2004, 12:44 AM
What part of its balance seems off? I personally think it could use some more ammo.

Postal
18th Jun 2004, 02:46 PM
I mean damage and knockback. I had a hard time using the alt effectivly, and while I love the rocket effects and akimbo, seemed for that little damage, the ROF should be higher, or something. I dunno. perhaps I need to use it more.

Kangus
18th Jun 2004, 02:50 PM
I think you need to use it more :p

Eyegore
19th Jun 2004, 10:27 AM
I really like the explosion of the grenades, but my FPS drop a bunch too when they explode...is it because of the texture? It' not like there seems to be that great an increase in the particle count...

Smoke39
19th Jun 2004, 06:36 PM
I don't know what it is. The explosion's the same as the rockets, except without the flame ring thing, 200 instead of 70 particles for the explosion, 25 instead of 15 particles for the smoke, and a lot bigger. I don't think it's ever lagged for me, either.

EvilDrWong
19th Jun 2004, 07:41 PM
...200 instead of 70 particles for the explosion
So many particles fighting over the z buffer means you get a huge drop in frames. Epic is guilty of it to, check out their new water splash effects. :p The regular explosion was at 70 for a reason ;) While youre at it, take a gander at the rest of your effects, im sure theres a few that are guilty of being too dense.

Smoke39
19th Jun 2004, 08:33 PM
I'll try to see if I can get it to still look nice with fewer particles. You think halving the number would be sufficient?

Smoke39
21st Jun 2004, 07:52 PM
I decreased the particles to 100 and it still looks the same as far as I can tell without changing anything else. :p I'll let you guys see if that got rid of the lag once I get some more work on the flamer done. The flamer's primary's about done, and it won't let you fire underwater. I also made the railgun not fire underwater, what with it relying on electricity and all, plus it seems like a reasonable handicap for such a powerful weapon. Once I get a pilot flame effect on the flamer, I'll let you people play with it while I work on a secondary fire. :)

Smoke39
22nd Jun 2004, 05:28 PM
Version a3's up. See the first post for the download.

Eyegore
22nd Jun 2004, 07:42 PM
Flamethrower is real sweet, but maybe you could make the pilot a little more visible. Maybe just a little bit longer and slightly pale blue toward the tip, a little bit like a blow-torch.

The rocket grenade works much better, nowhere near as much lag.

Lot'sa fun

Smoke39
23rd Jun 2004, 12:22 AM
Made the pilot flame bigger. Better?

Smoke39
23rd Jun 2004, 03:39 AM
This is mostly so I don't forget all the crap I just did, but I'm about to test the flamer's new secondary fire, a blow torch, to see if it heals vehicles and stuff correctly (I'm already fairly certain that it gives team mates armor, though I can't actually see the bots' armor levels to be 100% sure). I also changed the way primary's projectiles check if they're hitting a team mate, and made vehicles unable to be set on fire, as well as monsters 'cause I don't wanna deal with adjusting the flames to their abnormal shapes and sizes.

I'll let y'all know how that all goes. ;)

Smoke39
23rd Jun 2004, 04:38 AM
Just tested it in onslaught some, and the torch behaved correctly with vehicles and power nodes. You have to double jump to reach the power nodes hovering in the air, though. :\

Kangus
23rd Jun 2004, 02:58 PM
You could just heal the Node base rather than the thingy in the air. I like the idea for the alt though.

Smoke39
23rd Jun 2004, 09:32 PM
You can? That's good to know. I'm not sure if I'll be able to teach the bots to use the flamer's secondary. I'll see how much of the link gun's code I can decipher.

Smoke39
24th Jun 2004, 05:57 AM
Well I saw bots taking out the flamer when they got to a new power node in onslaught, but then they didn't do anything with it. :\ I did get the bots to like to use the railgun when fighting vehicles, though.

Postal
27th Jun 2004, 12:15 AM
I love this Flamer.

Smoke39
25th Aug 2004, 11:51 PM
a4 released
see first post

Smoke39
26th Aug 2004, 05:32 AM
Already changed some stuff for a5. Bots should use the quadshot more intelligently, the third person muzzle flash works now, and it has recoil that kicks your view up more with each additional shell. Still not sure how I wanna implement explosive and bouncing buckshot.

Nemephosis
26th Aug 2004, 06:58 AM
Machine gun and quadshot are the new weapons. Both are mostly done. I'd've worked on 'em a bit more before releasing if Neme wasn't so desperate for his quadshot. :b

Yep. I'm impatient, what can I say. :p

Thanks, downloading now :D

(and playing after work :mad: )

Smoke39
26th Aug 2004, 07:47 PM
More changes for the next version:
rocket handgun death message displays the killer's name instead of %K
grappling hooks don't stick around when you die an' stuff anymore
grappling hooks forget their distance from you when you put the weapon down (so they start where they should if you put the weapon down when the hook's out and then bring it up and use it again)
can't load more shells than you have ammo for with the quadshot (okay, so I haven't actually tested this just yet <_<)
still tweaking bots' use of the quadshot

Nemephosis
26th Aug 2004, 10:28 PM
Your sig is funny as hell. look at him go! :D

k, um.... the quadshot is great..... machine gun could do more damage but the grappling hook is pretty cool. The flamer makes UT2K4 die when using UT2004RPG (I told you about this already.) The rocket handgun feels like just a faster weaker Rocket Launcher and the Railgun is odd cause you can't control how much zoom you have (it automatically zooms to max when you click secondary. Maybe another UT2004RPG thing? But then again it doesn't affect any other zoom weapon this way at all......)

And whats up with the railgun not killing stuff inone hit, I used this in CTF with Invasion Everywhere to get Queens and Titans etc. and even though the Queens and Titans onlky have like 1000 or so health, I had to use like five or six shots to kill them. Needs to be like Instagib here, cause it IS a Railgun after all.

Overall me likey.

Smoke39
27th Aug 2004, 12:46 AM
I've been considering beefing the machine gun up a little bit for a while now. Just a tiny bit.
UT2004RPG is mean.
Does the rocket handgun bore you, then? What would you find more interesting?
The railgun should have two zoom levels. D'know what's happening in your case.
The railgun does 300 damage. If y'really want I could make it 10000000 or whatever like in P2K3. I don't actually remember now why I reduced it. o.o Anyway, it does 150 damage to vehicles, so it's pretty good against them. If I make the railgun über-powerful again, how effective should I let it be against vehicles?

Kangus
27th Aug 2004, 10:39 AM
300 damage to people, 150 to vehicles is fine. Don't listen to Nem. He's an overkill freak.:p

and I personally like the rocket handguns quite a bit.

Postal
27th Aug 2004, 05:54 PM
Dual Rocket Handguns makes me feel like a Brute, so I like them.

Smoke39
27th Aug 2004, 06:11 PM
Heh, the brutes are what gave me the idea. :b

Nemephosis
22nd Oct 2004, 09:00 AM
Is this still being worked on?

Smoke39
22nd Oct 2004, 04:30 PM
Uhm... maybe? <.< I kinda got sick of UT, but I've taken a pretty long break from it. I'll see if I can come up with any cool ideas for stuff to make.

Smoke39
31st Oct 2004, 04:57 PM
Okay, so I started a new gun, but then got distracted by homework and JFDuke. So, like, I'll work on it some more one of these days. <.<

Nemephosis
7th Nov 2004, 04:48 PM
Can you do the sniper shotgun? :D

Smoke39
7th Nov 2004, 05:54 PM
Yes.

Smoke39
7th Nov 2004, 06:55 PM
First test. It works, but as can be seen here it needs some calibration. XD

Smoke39
8th Nov 2004, 01:43 AM
Upgraded laser sight. :D Looks slicker in-game when it's moving. I'm planning to modify the code a bit for the laser sight so it'll be effortless to implement in other weapons, then start working on a spiffy scope while tweaking the other aspects as I see fit. I'm still thinking about how the spread should change for certain situations. Like, have it generally wider when not using the scope, and tighter when you get a direct hit (to encourage direct hits when sniping, as opposed to shooting in their general area and doing almost the same amount of damage). Also an option is reducing the number of pellets rather than increasing the spread in these situations. Or a little of both. Other than that, I may mess with the tracers some more. With the laser sight, they're unnecessary for locating snipers. Same with the smoke puff, which I already removed. Mm, I think that's it. Observe the shot.

Smoke39
8th Nov 2004, 11:33 PM
Okay, so I was adding some random jitter to the laser sight, an' as I was messin' with the equations for that I was like "Hey! I could so totally make a spiral really easily like this! 8D" So I thought of doing that just for fun, but didn't. Then I realized I could use the same math to make the spread of the buckshot be in a circle rather than a box, so I decided t' do that, and used a spiral pattern to test it. It worked, but I got some unexpected designs. Finally I realized I was using 360 when I should be using 2pi. Duh, radians. Anywhere, there's a neat little jitter to the laser now, and the buckshot has a snazzy round spread (wich I doubt anyone will notice XD). Direct hits do more damage, and I think I'll keep it that way. I'm thinking of making the laser move around when a bot's using it based upon the bot's accuracy or something. Then have the actual shot go where the laser's pointing, so where the buckshot hits will actually be where it looks like the bot's aiming. Yis. BTW, I forgot earlier to mention that when using the scope the laser appears in the center rather than to the side, since, y'know, when lookin' through the scope the laser's just under the barrel which is just under the scope which is acting as an extension of your eye. Speaking of the scope, I'm still not really sure what I really wanna do with it. Hopefully I c'n come up with somethin' slick.

Smoke39
21st Nov 2004, 01:44 PM
Okay, so the sniper shotgun's been pretty much done for a while now. The scope slowly bobs up and down with your breath, swings up when you fire, has two zoom stops, and has scan lines which I may remove since they didn't really accomplish the effect I was going for. I worked on the zappy gun s'more, which was the weapon I was working on before I was interupted by the sniper shotty. Primary's now cooler, though it took a REALLY nasty if statement. XO And I still need to mess with it to make it work properly with monsters. I've had a general idea for secondary for a long time, but I can't make up my mind on the details. XP My bullet weapons have nicer sparks now, bots can aim the flamer vertically, and the machine gun's power's been upped slightly again, as well as made the assault rifle replacement. The new minigun replacement is the Izu. Inspired by shadow warrior, has it's sounds and the crosshair is modelled after the shadow warrior one. Secondary reloads. Can, of course, be used akimbo style, and kicks major ass that way. So much ass, actually, that I'm not sure I really should add the other feature of akimbo I was thinking about. I want to make the second izu aim at other targets while you're firing. Ooo, or have one aiming where you point it, but have it decide on which izu to fire based on what side of the screen the target's on. But that'd be less fun, 'cause there wouldn't be the crossingness there. Anyway, I think having it able to shoot at two people at once, one of which takes no effort to aim at, might be over-overpowering it (since it's already pretty damn powerful akimbo as it is). But it'd be cool. XO So I'm gonna give it a shot. Some details I may add are shell casings, visible clip ejection during reload, and random tracers (would be particularly nice for the two-target business, 'cause you could really see the two lines of fire, plus it'd help the SW feel a bit more). Finally, the sniper shotgun still uses the quadshot damage type, which I may change so it'll affect vehicles properly (haven't tested if it's overpowered against vehicles, yet), and the izu needs its own ammo and damage types. Oh yeah, and I made the machine gun's fire sound louder. I'll probably be doing that to most of the weapons, since UT2K4 likes to muffle them (half their volume, as I've come to discover O_O).

Smoke39
24th Nov 2004, 07:26 PM
Izu's comin' along nicely. I made it so akimbo reduces your accuracy slightly, and your left hand fires even less accurately, but will aim at people automatically. I'm working on getting it to point properly. I think I got it's vertical rotation working pretty well, though I'm still tweaking it to try to get it as slick as possible. Working on getting its horizontal rotation working. Bots can aim the flamer up and down now. Might try to change how they aim it, though, so they quit waving it around so wildly. May have changed a few other things since my last post, but I can't remember.
Is anyone actually reading this junk, and does anyone actually care?

Nemephosis
25th Nov 2004, 10:54 PM
I am and I do. I'm glad you're still working on this. In fact I can't wait for that Izu, looks cool.

Smoke39
26th Nov 2004, 01:31 AM
Well it's coming along pretty well. I finally got the damned thing to point at things properly. And now I've memorized that 65536 = 360 degrees after messing with rotators so much. XO It respawns regardless of the game's settings, though it'll respawn quicker if you have weapons set to stay. You also throw two out if you have two. I screwed with a few weapons spiffing them up slightly. Izu has it's own damage and ammo type. I may release this stuff soon even though a number of things aren't finished 'cause it seems like it's been forever since I gave you people anything new to play with. If I get the machine gun to let you hold it when you have no ammo to use the hook as a melee weapon, finish the zappy gun, and add a replacement for the shock rifle, I'll have a full arsenal replacement, minus the super weapons and onslaught weapons. The only thing is that my idea for the shock replacement looks the same in my head as the izu. And I'm not really certain of all the details an' stuff. We'll see.

Smoke39
26th Nov 2004, 03:28 AM
Spiffin' up the flamer.

Nemephosis
26th Nov 2004, 08:52 AM
Does the flamer still make the game take a crap when you try to unload all the ammo using infinite ammo?

Smoke39
26th Nov 2004, 05:02 PM
When did it have a problem with infinite ammo?

Nemephosis
26th Nov 2004, 06:49 PM
Well when I use the infinite ammo mutator I always do, and I press secondary to dump all the ammo, it crashed out with an infinite recursion error. I believe this was discussed in one of those "quote the quote the quote the quote" etc. private message marathons we have.

Smoke39
26th Nov 2004, 07:17 PM
I thought it was with that RPG thingy? I don't remember you mentioning an infinite ammo mutator.

Nemephosis
26th Nov 2004, 10:26 PM
I surely did. It tries to empty the ammo and can't, so it keeps trying. And then crashes.

In the meantime I want some Pain2K4 A5 lovin here. Finish that Izu, it looks cool. :p

Smoke39
27th Nov 2004, 12:15 AM
What's this about emptying the ammo? Secondary is a blow torch, not an ammo emptier. O_o

Check the first post.

Nemephosis
27th Nov 2004, 12:11 PM
it used to anyway. Secondary unloaded all the ammo in a big fireball or something. Unless that changed from A3 to A4 and I just never tried the flamer again.

edit: Well whaddyer know. It musta have been changed. All I know is something in Pain2K4 made UT2004 take a giant crap when used with infinite ammo or UT2004RPG. And now I have no idea what.

edit: Can the damage on the flamethrower be bumped up a little? It's fire, it's uspposed to hurt more than it does right now. :p

Smoke39
27th Nov 2004, 03:52 PM
Secondary used to be the same as primary. In RPG, it would fire everthing at once for some reason. Which hung the game for several seconds. I'm guessing adding infinite ammo to the mix made it actually crash with infinite recursion.

I changed the flamer to make it so the spray was more about refueling the being-on-fire-ness than doing damage itself (though it does still do some damage). I can increase the damage of the spray and/or of the being-on-fire-ness.

Here's a pic of an experiment for a new vision mode thingy for the shock rifle replacement. ;3

Nemephosis
27th Nov 2004, 06:02 PM
I think "yarg" sums that screenshot up nicely although maybe it will be cooler in-game. Most things usually are.

Smoke39
27th Nov 2004, 06:49 PM
Better? ;)

Smoke39
27th Nov 2004, 08:35 PM
Added purple hilighting to pickups.

Nemephosis
27th Nov 2004, 09:08 PM
Much cooler. Now you just have to worry about CTF4. :p

Hey speaking on that, did you know your Railgun is already CTF4-compatible? Blue and red players highlight the right colours, and then Green highlights as green, and Gold highlights as something not gold but close enough. I thought that was pretty cool. And the Railgun works a lot better without UT2004RPG. I don't play that anymore, it mucks too much stuff up.

That old weapon model sucks pretty hardcore in the face of the new one though. Could that be changed? :p

Smoke39
27th Nov 2004, 10:04 PM
Wha'? That shouldn't be the case. O_o The railgun colors friends cyan and enemies red-orange. The only "green" people should be friends with enemy flags. The gun I'm working on now works similarly; enemies are orange, friends are blue. Projectiles are orange, too. I could make everything team color-coded, rather than friend/foe-coded, but then I'd have to come up with new colors for flag carriers for the railgun, and for neutrals (green stuff now: pickup bases and dead things) and projectiles for this gun.

Re: the model, you mean the shock rifle model? I don't like the new shock rifle model for this gun. :O It looks makeshift and experimental to me, whereas the old one looks sleek an' stuff. What's wrong with the old one? :[

Nemephosis
27th Nov 2004, 11:15 PM
the old one reeks. Of ass.

Maybe CTF4 handles things differently. Not only are there team-coloured skins, but there's team coloured shock beams, link projectiles, and even corpse-spirit effects. Maybe its overriding your railgun. At any rate it makes it better I think. Kill anyone not the same colour as you. :p

Smoke39
28th Nov 2004, 12:35 AM
I like the old one. <_< You're mean. ;-;

It can't override the railgun. Duh, fool. :O :b

Red and blue work (for the new gun, not the railgun yet). Green and gold textures are in, but not in use until I can figure out which team number to assign them to (gotta dl that CTF4 thingy, I guess, and finally patch the game again). The new neutral color is a dark purple, and the new projectile color is a solid red/yellow flashing deal (not flickering, blinking, strobing or anything annoying like that; it's a smooth oscillation between the two colors). The only problem is that in Invasion your friends AND the monsters are red. So I think I'll just color monsters green. That could be a problem if monsters are present in a CTF4 match for some weird reason, but I don't think that's terribly likely, and I don't wanna go looking for another color I haven't already used. XP

Nemephosis
28th Nov 2004, 09:35 AM
Well the blue team and the red team do highlight as blue and red. Green and Gold end up yellow. That's close enough for the gold team I guess but I was wrong about the Green Team. I coulda swore they were green through the Railgun but they aren't.

I'd go ahead and do the team colour thing, and not worry about monsters being in CTF4. Even if they were (Invasion Everywhere) you could tell whether it was human or monster by the shape of the colour blob, really. If it's a huge circle with two arms in the air, I don't think I'm going to mistake it for a player ;)

Postal
29th Nov 2004, 05:15 AM
I want some too.

Smoke39
29th Nov 2004, 07:01 PM
You want some what?

Made some more things wireframed in the vision mode thingy. Dom points, destroyable objectives, few onslaught thingies, and flag and bomb stuff, I think. I was getting some lag with it on some maps (really bad in some cases). I changed the way it works and now all the lag seems to be gone. The only sacrifice I had to make was weapon pickup bases are no longer wireframed. But now pickups themselves are drawn in the neutral color while waiting to respawn. Those weird, ugly gun turret thingies in onslaught aren't drawn, though. I d'know why. :\
The weapon itself I think is pretty much done. It shoots people the way I want, though I may still screw with the balance type stuff.
I'm not sure what I want secondary to do. I've considered making it turn the wireframe stuff off, but that seems sorta pointless. I'm also sorta considering making it activate some other crazy feature of the vision enhancement junk, but I d'know what, and I had previously planned to make any cool vision enhancement stuff work automatically. It already chooses which type of projectile to shoot by itself. Which reminds me, the explosive ones'll still blow up team mates. Gotta fix that. Oh yeah, and I'm gonna make it an option again to use the new or old model (rather than forcing the old one on you as it does now). I think that's all for now.

Nemephosis
29th Nov 2004, 10:50 PM
When can we play with this awesomeness? :p

Smoke39
29th Nov 2004, 11:24 PM
I d'know. When do you want to play with it?

Postal
30th Nov 2004, 06:37 AM
Well I posted that post a while back, for some reason I didnt show up till now???

So when will we see a new verson?

Nemephosis
30th Nov 2004, 06:55 AM
I d'know. When do you want to play with it?
Well, the sooner the better would be nice, but everything should be working properly too. Buggy weapons are a pain in the ass.

Postal
30th Nov 2004, 08:29 AM
And add a mutator.

Nemephosis
30th Nov 2004, 02:17 PM
As long as the Izu and the sniper shotgun are in, that should do me for a month or so. You've had smaller updates before I think and they were still fun.

While I'm suggesting things, can I ask that you increase the damage on the Flamethrower by more than twice? It's incredibly weak, and even using ChaosUT's 2x damage relic it's not very powerful. So damage needs to be bumped up by more than twice what it does now.

Smoke39
30th Nov 2004, 04:35 PM
The izu and sniper shotgun ARE in. Did you not check the first post when I told you to?

Mutator should be pretty soon, now that I pretty much have a full arsenal replacement.

I'll increase both the direct and burning damage of the flamer.

Nemephosis
30th Nov 2004, 06:21 PM
I think it should be obvious that I didn't.

*checks post*

If you want any ideas, I have a couple.....

Postal
30th Nov 2004, 07:04 PM
Izu is cool, I like, I like. Sound and effects feel good to me.

Smoke39
30th Nov 2004, 08:38 PM
Ideas for what, Neme? Tell me! XO

Glad you dig the Izu, Postal. :]

Workin' on makin' the zappy gun do stuff when you shoot at water.

Nemephosis
30th Nov 2004, 11:18 PM
Ideas for weapons of course. Although I'm not sure how well they'd fit in with the rest of yours.

You know, if its possible, you could make it so that when you fire the zapper into water, it instagibs everyone in the water. (hey, you can always stay out of it.) If you fire it underwater, you and everyone else in the same pool as you instagib. Yes it would be stealing Quake 1's lightning trident. If you could take the model too, that would be even better. It would be Godlike if you could do the entire thing.

That would be the trident model, doubling (maybe tripling) the beam length, making the beam look like Quake 1's (the UT plasma gun beam coloured light blue would be just right) and making it reflect off walls like in Quake. That would be so much worth the wait. :D

edit: oh yes and the whole "kill everyone in the same pool of water you shoot" thing too.

Smoke39
1st Dec 2004, 01:12 AM
You can't fire it underwater, like the railgun and flamer. I could change that, though, I guess. I'm trying to make it so if you shoot the surface you hurt everyone in the water. The problem is that the weapon hits the fluidsurface and stops there, rather than registering the actual physicsvolume. Basically, it's blocked by the shiny bit of the water and can't reach the part people actually swim in, so I can't have it hurt 'em all. So I'm trying to get the weapon to create another object under the surface, so I can check what physicsvolume that thing's in. No luck so far. XP
And what's so great about the UT plasma gun's beam? The 2KX one is more wiggly an' electricy. For the zappy gun I made it wiggle faster, so it's more electricy lookin'. And I don't remember it reflecting off walls in Q1. Mine uses people as nodes of sorts, though. Try the durned thing already.
I'm still thinking about it's secondary. Thinkin' an electricity field around you or somethin'. Zaps people an projectiles. Jus' d'know how it should be activated and sustained and use ammo an' such.
I'm also thinking of making some kinda combo deal, like using primary while you have the field up to fire some funky projectile. That'd give it some more range (to be less redundant with the flamer), and add another projectile thing, since the flamer (though short ranged) and the rocket handgun are the only other weapons that aren't instant hit.

I'm open to any weapon ideas. In particular I'm not sure what I'm gonna replace the spider mines, grenades, and the two super weapons with.

Nemephosis
1st Dec 2004, 07:56 AM
I tried it, it seemedc like a link gun with a stronger beam :p

That's why I sorta suggested what I did ;)

I have an idea for a superweapon replacement. It uses the new shock rifle model and primary fires the Leviathan's cannon beam, complete with big boom and lots of damage. Secondary could fire a shock beam that leaves shock combo explosions where it hits (of course, with the damage etc. of a regular combo).

Little powerful, yeah, but I wanna see it made dammit. :(

Smoke39
1st Dec 2004, 04:35 PM
But you can attack up to three people at once with it. Without that it was totally boring. A new secondary oughta help give it a better feel, and a new sound would help, if I knew where to get one.

Your super weapon sounds boring. :b

Postal
1st Dec 2004, 04:50 PM
Well since the primary is like a suped up linkgun, what if the alt was like the link primary, either a hail of inaccurate little weak bolts, or perhaps a slow moving energy orb that shocks everyone around it when it hits, skeletionizing them or something. Perhaps allow for some sort of combo?

Nemephosis
1st Dec 2004, 09:08 PM
I didn't really ask if it was boring. Only if you could do it. :p

(You wouldn't have to include it in the mutator if you hate it that mch, just stick it in the package. :p)

Smoke39
1st Dec 2004, 10:13 PM
Actually you didn't really ask anything about it. You simply announced that it was an idea of yours and that you wanted to see it. :b

Nemephosis
2nd Dec 2004, 07:10 AM
alright then. Could you and would you make it?

Smoke39
2nd Dec 2004, 05:14 PM
I'd have to look at the Leviathan code, but I probably could. I d'know if I will.

Nemephosis
2nd Dec 2004, 05:37 PM
Well it would be really nice if you did.

Be nice, smoke. Be nice. ;)

Smoke39
2nd Dec 2004, 06:58 PM
I might.

Smoke39
9th Dec 2004, 12:56 AM
Okay, so I was testing some stuff with the P2K4 mutator, and had the brilliant idea to mess with fluidsurfaceinfos. I think it looks cool. :3 I don't think there's any point to it in P2K4, but I think I may make a mutator similar to haze (in that it modifies the appearance of the environment) that lets you screw around with fluid surfaces. That reminds me, I wanna try adding a disco mode to haze like in Turok, then release it. I've pretty much given up on the fancier menu for that. I always use it, though, so I think I should release it already.

Anyway, I haven't given a progress report in a while. Zappy gun primary is DONE. Izu now does less damage against shields. I think everything has its own ammo with custom pickups. The new napalm pickup's sexy. :3 Got some custom skins and sounds. Fletcher ammo needs work. The mutator works. It replaces the health, armor, and adrenaline pickups just to make them look different. :b In the future I may make them also give you more stuff, to compensate slightly for the weapons' great power. I started the avril replacement. It's cool, but it's being mean to me. Probably some other things, but I can't remember. Mostly working on polishing up the arsenal I got. Oh, I got rid of the railgun trail 'cause it was totally lagging larger maps. I gotta come up with a way to make that thing work without lagging. And I think it could look better, too. <<

Postal
11th Dec 2004, 09:10 AM
Cool Cool, keep up the good work.

Nemephosis
11th Dec 2004, 06:07 PM
Looks cool, looking forward to the next version.