Map download troubles

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The_Ruiner

Masterful
I am in need of assistance when map downloading. I load them, but when I click on a map online that I already downloaded, the server acts as if don't have it already. Am I installing them correctly or what? Thanks for any info, R

------------------
This is the strangest life, I've ever known

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
A couple of things.

1)Are you able to play the maps offline?

2)Be sure that you are playing the exact same map ...ex. CTFDeck16][ or CTFDeck16]l[ .

bullet2.gif

Yes, I know I'm full of $I-IiT - but I'm Godlike dammit!

hal{PuF}

MrHankey

Mar 12, 2000
www.tryit4free.com
I dunno if this is the same for UT, but when you download a map off of an Unreal server, it goes into your cache. The only way you can play maps in your cache is to join a server that is playing the map. Otherwise, it just sits there. You may need to go to a website and actually download it from there. It's faster, and easier. Don't even bother downloading from a server unless you just want to get a map, or you have a high speed connection and can wait 2 seconds for it to download.

MrHankey

Mar 12, 2000
www.tryit4free.com
I dunno if this is the same for UT, but when you download a map off of an Unreal server, it goes into your cache. The only way you can play maps in your cache is to join a server that is playing the map. Otherwise, it just sits there. You may need to go to a website and actually download it from there. It's faster, and easier. Don't even bother downloading from a server unless you just want to get a map, or you have a high speed connection and can wait 2 seconds for it to download.

MrHankey

Mar 12, 2000
www.tryit4free.com

I

ImagoX

Here's what I do (this makes copying the files to your hard drive for archiving easy- that way if you ever have to uninstall and reload the game they will still be there).

Find the map you want and download it. The file will almost always be something like "dm_wankerville.zip" or similar. You can save the .zip file if you like, but I don't.

If you save the .zip file, go to where you saved it on your hard drive and double click it. If you just told your browser ro "open the file" you will also get to this place. The .zip file will usually have a file like "DM-wankerville.unr", along with (usually) a text file with author credits, and perhaps some other files with extensions like ".utx".

Create a Folder on your hard drive, in the Unreal Tournament folder, called NEW MAPS, then for each new map you download, make a further sub-folder for each game (ex. "DM_Wankerville". Extract the .zip file into this sub-directory.

Copy the extracted .unr file into the Unreal Tournament "Maps" folder. .utx files go in "Textures", etc. Do this with U:T NOT running, so you have the maps available on the restart.

Start Unreal:Tourney, and "Start a Practice Session". The maps should be on your list(s) if you did everything correctly.

If you ever need to do a reload, all you will have to do is copy the NEW MAPS folder to another directory on your hard drive (I use a folder called-imagine- BACKUPS).

-ImagoX

bullet2.gif

"If you ever drop your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go because, man, they're gone."
-Jack Handey