MAc's and UT?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

grey ghost

Mar 13, 2000
Australia
N
i've always wondered how well mac's cope with UT

has anyone here got an g3-g4 mac? if they have could you give your specs (proc(speed) resolution, vidcard, ram etc) and how well (frame rate) the do in UT.

i've heard that they're nothing to write home about (in respect to ut) but have never seen any evidence either way

------------------
don't run!! you'll only die tierd

[This message has been edited by grey ghost (edited 03-13-2000).]

strix

Mar 4, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
greetings.
I play UT on an iMac rev A. I would say that´s at the low end considering hardware.
I have 64MB RAM, 233MhZ 512Kb backside cache and a low 2MB video memory.
not to good 3-d card, All comes with the machine minus the ram.

Later iMacs wolud do better, they have more videomemory.

I have to play (for best preformence) with a 640-480 resolution and the rest set on low.
However, for more modern Imacs, well put it this way. Jobs was kind enough to pun in an better 3-D card, more videomemory. They should do really fine in UT.

And as for a G4.....yeeeeeeeesssssssss.....sss......give it to me.......ahhhh........want it.......
mmmmmmmm...........(heavy saliva comeing out of my mouth)........oooohhh....yeeeessss........................want it want it want it, please steve give one to me.......................

/strix