PDA

View Full Version : O_o Why did you do that?

SanitysEdge
4th Jun 2004, 06:11 PM
Why must I sign up for a mailing list that sends me stuff that I know ill just delete therefore waisting my time to download your mod?

Seymour Gibbs
5th Jun 2004, 06:44 AM
They're a real game company - apparently they only want to release to a hardcore group of fans and see this as the most professional way to go about it.

If you can't stand a little correspondance your probably shouldn't be playing an unfinished beta anyway...

SanitysEdge
13th Jun 2004, 02:46 PM
How can I be a fan of it if I never get to play it?

Zarkazm
15th Jun 2004, 02:57 PM
The point is that people have certain expectations of a public release and I've indeed seen some harsh criticism based on this, up to "you shouldn't have released this" so as I see it such a restriction is justified if they don't want to deal with overly high expectations. It's also a warning: It's not ready for public release, only a small elite is allowed a glimpse. (And don't complain if it took you 5 hours to download it on 56K and you are dissatisfied, you were warned.)

PS: I've seen a couple of mods with a strong fanbase without release. And after reading the gameplay overview and vehicle descriptions... I want this mod! :mad:

BOBO BADD
15th Jun 2004, 11:02 PM
It's a great concept for a mod, the game plays well and if the final release is anything like the beta, its worth a few emails.

Psycho Virus
22nd Jun 2004, 01:13 PM
just got it now and can't wait to play it, actually why am i here? i'm off to play :-D

fishdonuts
23rd Jun 2004, 04:47 AM
It's a great concept for a mod, the game plays well and if the final release is anything like the beta, its worth a few emails.

The final release is better than the beta :)

Oops, I mean, I haven't played it, but it will be better... ;)

NeoNight
24th Jun 2004, 12:29 PM
Played it liked it its pretty orginal, its sort of a uh capture the flag meets Last man standing meets ONS meets double domination. ::thumbs up::