DM-1on1-Dynamik (beta)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
This map is very unfinished, but is playable with bots in last man standing (no items or weapons) I would appreciate some feedback and general tips on making this map better.

There aren't many static meshes included (yet) basically because i don't think any of the meshes available would fit in well :(. So, if there are any mayaple5 tutorials floating around the web, would someone please point me in their direction :D

Attachments

• DM-1on1-Dynamik.zip
    181.9 KB · Views: 14

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
Thanks, Barballs.

Here are some screenshots of the latest build, i'll upload the map when i've done my french exam :)

Update: map uploaded, probably failed french :D

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 24
  • DM-1on1-Dynamikbeta2.zip
    486.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

barballs

Packed with Unreal goodness
May 3, 2003
Arizona
www.redbrick.dcu.ie
I havent seen the new build yet. My Suggestions to the fist one would be cut details OUT of the walls as opposed to adding details on to them.

As for item placement, I would have suggested have Super Shield in the water (which you have done). I would have put a lightening gun or rocket launcher up on that top ledge shaped like a triangle (where you have placed 2x 25 healths) There is only one way up to there if you have no translocator and not enough health to impact jump. The health isn't worth the risk of getting up there.

Ammo-wise I would make it sparse and not have a full load right next to the weapon (like you have by the minigun). From what I have seen it seems to be better when the ammo related to the weapon is a little away from the weapon to encourage movement around the map.

These are only suggestions, do with them what you will. :)

Am looking forward to playing your map dude keep up the good work.

I'll download your new build and have a gooch and see how it plays with you current layout.

Last edited:

barballs

Packed with Unreal goodness
May 3, 2003
Arizona
www.redbrick.dcu.ie
no No NO!

I've Played the new beta of your map and it is shaping up to be very cool, plenty of Z axis goodness. :) There are a few problems/suggestions i've got for you tho.

1: Too much of one texture. Consider spliting the four major chambers to similar textures but not the same one. It should help players find their way around the map.

2: Having Lightening Gun, Rocket Launcher, Shield, Super Shield all in the same chamber is a HUGE NO NO!! You may as well just erase half your map as people won't need to go there becasue items and most powerful weapons is all in one area. Split them up to different locations. Preferably for corners of the map :)

3: less ammo so close to the weapons (i think i've discussed that before though)

4: Oh yeah an idea for flow improvement would be to widen the platform that the lightening gun is on. The reason is so that the player can wall dodge from the lightening ammo to the lightening gun thus tightening up gameplay and making for quicker navigation of the map.

I hope you find these comments useful. :)
All the best and looking forward to the next beta.

Attachments

• Shot00120.jpg
    Shot00120.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 23