Question For CTF players

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Reno Ravioli

Mar 10, 2000
Detroit, Mi
Visit site
While playing CTF I keep seeing a red flag or something next to the display for the team's (Red and Blue) capture counter(s). I've looked over the doc's and can't find any mention of this anywhere. (Maybe too many Redemer fumes!?) I'm sure it means something! and it's driving Me crazy!! (Not that it's a long drive or anything.) Someone Help!!!

Reno

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
It shows the name of the person carrying the flag.

bullet2.gif

Yes, I know I'm full of $I-IiT - but I'm Godlike dammit!

hal{PuF}

Reno Ravioli

Mar 10, 2000
Detroit, Mi
Visit site
I couldn't see any name, just what looked like some symbol (Or something.) on a red rectangle near the team capture(s) displays on my HUD. I have My HUD/screen size up all the way and don't recall seeing a name there, but hey I try not to stop and look to long....You guys play to well for me to sit still and look at what it is to long!!!

I thank You for the info, and will check it out to see if I can see a name or not.

.......And now, Back to Our Program......

bullet2.gif

"Blue Leader, I am in position!"

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
You only see the flag beside the player's name if you hit f1 or have died and not yet respawned. I think you're talking about the exclamation mark beside the flag counters. If you see that, it means that the flag is currently taken. (If it's near the blue team's counter, their flag has been taken.)

bullet2.gif

I like you better in your rags, Cinderella, 'cause that's when you like to play.

Reno Ravioli

Mar 10, 2000
Detroit, Mi
Visit site
I Think Morety is talking about what I am seeing. It's a small red rectangle with something on it next to, or beside, the team counter(s). Ok well I'll take You're word on it I just see it out of the corner of My eye and it was bugging Me! Oh well!, Now I can post about the other questions I have!!!

Thanks everyone!

Frag Away!

bullet2.gif

D66

Grey Pilgrim
Feb 2, 2000
Gondolin
Visit site
That little icon is still part of my HUD with a cable modem!!!! DSL here I come

bullet2.gif

---Prof. Of Comic-Therory/Comedic-History

Beware the army of Giant Mutan Ninja Midgets!!!

abfackeln

chances are pretty good that this is the 'lag flag' .. in order to confirm this you should check your ping time (or your ping loss %) ..

other than that, you should try the first "level" of CTF in single player mode .. the tutorial level explains what all of the flag symbols mean -- some stuff that i didnt even know after playing net games for months.

sure, its kind of a joke of a level and kind of humiliating ("run over the shock rifle to pick it up" and "point your weapon and press fire to shoot your opponents", etc.) but there are little trinkets of information that are very useful to know that are not quite so obvious.

bullet2.gif

-abf.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
That intro level is actually 99% of one of the most popular Unreal-RealCTF maps ever made. It was called RealSmall.

BTW...I think Donkya Bwoy is right..it is a disconnect icon.

bullet2.gif

Yes, I know I'm full of $I-IiT - but I'm Godlike dammit!

hal{PuF}

Reno Ravioli

Mar 10, 2000
Detroit, Mi
Visit site
Ok!! That finaly Makes sense!!
Packet losses! hummm!?!
And I even have a cable modem....
Ok I'll berak down and do the "entry" map....
Someday!

Thank You All!
Reno

bullet2.gif