PDA

View Full Version : Teleporter effects!!!

SuperSucka
4th Jun 2004, 04:02 AM
Hi,

Just looking around maps and taking ideasfrom them.. im thinking HOW THE HELL THEY ARE DOING THAT COOL EFFECTS! *clears throat*

Look at the DM-Inferno map.. it has teleporter with lighting (not good in english) effects!! :mad: How can i make them? do someone have good tutorials for it?

SuperSucka
4th Jun 2004, 09:52 AM
Umm.. i have another question.. how can i make lights glow? i looked every place for help but nothing could help! Maybe you can help? :)

DeVaToX
6th Jun 2004, 08:05 AM
for the first question to make like teleporter effects or torches fires etc,, use the volumetric tool, and find the relevant texie make it none solid and transparent, u may also want to check the unlit box on the surface properties,

if u make a flame this way u may also want to put a small lava volume around it and tweak the pain damage, this way it will burn u if u touch it

u can also achieve this by using emitters, these can look alot more apealing and give better effects

for second question

to make lights glow u need to make a lense flare, this can be done by placing a light, choose a lense flare (some nice ones in the emitter.utx files) then open display/ properties of the light under skin add the lense flare texie u choose

the under lighting/properties of the light make sure bcorona=true, rebuild and u have glowing light

u may want to tweak its size under display/properties/drawscale,

The Punisher
16th Jun 2005, 01:08 PM
do you mean the effects for the teleporter (e.g. funky glow and you walk into it and tele)? that's an emitter. there are many to choose from.