PDA

View Full Version : FHINV server crash

papaschtroumpf
3rd Jun 2004, 09:46 PM
Server just crashed, this is the end of the log file. Let me know if you want more (there are tons of the CHOOSEATTACKSERIAL.. lines ahead of this).
There seems to be a bunch of errors/warnings on the previous maps too, let me know if you want me to post or send you the whole file.

CHOOSEATTACKSERIAL in state Hunting enemy NONE old enemy NONE CALLING BYTE 23
FHMonsterController FHI-ArcticDam.FHMonsterController (Function SkaarjPack.MonsterController.FindNewEnemy:0186) Runaway loop detected (over 10000000 iterations)
Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
FHMonsterController FHI-ArcticDam.FHMonsterController (Function SkaarjPack.MonsterController.FindNewEnemy:0186) Runaway loop detected (over 10000000 iterations)

History:

Exiting due to error
Exiting.
FileManager: Reading 0 GByte 637 MByte 278 KByte 705 Bytes from HD took 9.273732 seconds (4.307498 reading, 4.966233 seeking).
FileManager: 0.000000 seconds spent with misc. duties
Name subsystem shut down

papaschtroumpf
4th Jun 2004, 09:29 AM
this one is not a crash but there are thousands of those lines in the log with varying "inventory spots" numebrs. I believe the map was FHI-Mansion2:

ScriptLog: START MATCH
Log: WARNING - negative weight 0 from InventorySpot228 to InventorySpot229
Log: WARNING - negative weight 0 from InventorySpot228 to InventorySpot230
Log: WARNING - negative weight 0 from InventorySpot228 to InventorySpot231
Log: WARNING - negative weight 0 from InventorySpot228 to InventorySpot232
Log: WARNING - negative weight 0 from InventorySpot228 to InventorySpot233
Log: WARNING - negative weight 0 from InventorySpot228 to InventorySpot234
... (almost 40,000 lines like this)
Log: WARNING - negative weight 0 from InventorySpot216 to InventorySpot219
Log: WARNING - negative weight 0 from InventorySpot217 to InventorySpot218
Log: WARNING - negative weight 0 from InventorySpot217 to InventorySpot219
Log: WARNING - negative weight 0 from InventorySpot218 to InventorySpot219
Warning: FHI FHI-Mansion2.FHI (Function SkaarjPack.Invasion.ScoreKill:013F) Accessed None 'Killer'
Warning: FHI FHI-Mansion2.FHI (Function SkaarjPack.Invasion.ScoreKill:0147) Accessed None
Warning: FHI FHI-Mansion2.FHI (Function SkaarjPack.Invasion.ScoreKill:014F) Accessed None
ScriptLog: ProcessServerTravel: FHI-Fortress?Game=FHI.FHI?Mutator=satoreMonsterPack2004_v1b.mutsatoreMonsterPack
ScriptLog: PreClientTravel
Log: Server switch level: FHI-Fortress?Game=FHI.FHI?Mutator=satoreMonsterPack2004_v1b.mutsatoreMonsterPack

Parser
6th Jun 2004, 01:48 PM
Ok, the first error could possibly be out of my hands. I used a modified MonsterController class to overwrite the function where they find playerstarts, but I didn't touch any of the other code, including the FindEnemy function that is causing the crash.

However, I did notice that you were running the Satore monster pack. Does it still crash without the pack? It's worth noting that FHI2k4 v3 will come with new monsters to replace some of the old ones, and they're much more dynamic - it addresses the problem people have with not having to move about much. No titans or queens yet though, but they might be causing the crash.

papaschtroumpf
6th Jun 2004, 05:40 PM
I know I had a few crashes before I installed the satore Monster pack but I don;t know if they looked anything like it.
I like the extra monsters so I think I'll live with the crashes until v3 at least. Satore is also supposed to release a new monster pack very soon, so we'll see what happens with the new pack.

papaschtroumpf
7th Jun 2004, 01:00 PM
It's worth noting that FHI2k4 v3 will come with new monsters to replace some of the old ones, and they're much more dynamic - it addresses the problem people have with not having to move about much. No titans or queens yet though, but they might be causing the crash.

New monsters sound good. awaiting FHI2k4 v3 eagerly :)

I really like the queen because it takes a little more strategy to deal with it: it's got a shield, fast fire that's hard to dodge and it'll rush you if you get too close.
My other favorite monster is the warlord because it's tough, can be airborne or ground based, and it rockets are guided which makes them harder to avoid.

The maps are really what sets this mod apart from regular invasion though. I'm not sure what my favorite is but I don't really care for the spammy maps like underground and Temple (although they are fun once in a while) and I just can't stand skorcher although maybe it's a matter of getting a "feel" for it (if I do anything but spam the doors I die in 3 seconds!)