Poor D3D Performance

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[rDb]-Psycho

Mar 13, 2000
Visit site
Hey all,

i'm suffering from very very very poor d3d performance on my system. First, it loads for ages @ the 'precaching' stage, furthermore it's way laggy throughout the rest of the game. All my other systems that have 3dfx cards show me great performance, it's absolutely lovely to play UT there, however, my own system (which is the fastest, but has a TNT2 ultra card) performs very poor with UT.

Does anyone know if any patches/updates will be released in the near future which will improve gameplay/performance for non-glide users?

Thanks,
Jeffrey

[rDb]-Psycho

Mar 13, 2000
Visit site
Bleg sorry, in my absence i forgot to mention my system-specs.. ;P

Here goes:
P3-550
64meg SDRAM
Asus TNT 2 Ultra Deluxe
Soundblaster Live

Software:
DirectX 7
Detonator 3.68 (videodrivers)

Ok, most important mentioned.

Have fun helping /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif)
Jeffrey

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
Open your unrealtournament.ini file and scroll down to the [D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice] section. Insert this somewhere in that section:

UsePrecache=False

That'll turn off D3D precaching (which is bloody annoying). You should also make sure that the following line is in the same section:

UseVSync=False

How's it now?

bullet2.gif

Oh it's a CRACK pipe! So this isn't tobacco?

VaShooter

The Ol`e man is back
Jan 25, 2000
Chesapeake VA
Visit site
Your problem is a result of a ram hungry V-card. Nivivda`s are very ram intensive, it is a wonder with that amount of ram Ut will even load. There have been several post on here explaining this problem, you can do a search. I have a ultra and had alot of H/D caching til I put in another 128 now with 256 it runs sweet 56 fps on the intro...

bullet2.gif

He Shoots..He Scores..He gets shot in the back.
new ingame name Yr2ESY Nguid 629493

GreenMeat

Feb 22, 2000
Visit site
Good advice! Where were you 2 weeks ago, when i bought 128MB more RAM to add to the 64MB that i already had? Fifty bucks for the game, plus another $150 for the RAM makes this the most expensive game i've ever played (except for golf). /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Sure did the trick, though!! I was tired of waiting through 4 minutes of precaching, then finally getting into the game to see "Blue conquered the base in 3:59".

Add extra RAM if you can afford it! I thought 64MB was plenty, but...dang.

VaShooter

The Ol`e man is back
Jan 25, 2000
Chesapeake VA
Visit site
Sorry Greenmeat didn`t see your post a couple of weeks ago, or I sure would have let you know..believe it or not this is about the 5th or 6th time I have told someone the same thing..

bullet2.gif

He Shoots..He Scores..He gets shot in the back.
new ingame name Yr2ESY Nguid 629493