Doing flips in UT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Reno Ravioli

Mar 10, 2000
Detroit, Mi
Visit site
Ok, since You all seem to have the answers.
How does one do flips while running/jumping around in UT??? It looks so cool!

Thanks!

Reno

------------------
"Blue Leader, I am in position!"

Skumboy

Jun 3, 2000
Visit site
yeah iwanna know how to do that too

bullet2.gif

"The're out ta get me, they won't catch me I'm f*cking innocent"--Out Ta get me, Guns n Roses

Kazuya4

Jan 1, 2000
UK
voodoo3.net
Put dodging on in the preferences menu!

When u r in the game press yo forward key twice!!

If u wanna see this fo ya self then tupe this in the console : " behindview 1 "

Kazuya

Ritz

Cracka
Nov 10, 1999
miami, FL
Visit site
Heres one interesting bit about dodging:
if you are walking forward or standing still, you can still dodge...useful if you need to creep around then leap forward /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

True, if you get really used to dodging (takes a few days) then you will try dodging in quake and get nothing

bullet2.gif

cK-Ritz

ATP

Mar 11, 2000
atpmusic.tripod.com
Push the forward key twice? But of course! Ah, the simplicity of it all...Grand, I tell you, just grand!

Thanks for the information. I've always wanted to show off with beautiful (yet strategically very uneffective) moves ;-)

Reminds me of the old days, playing Mission Impossible on the C64, *sigh*...

bullet2.gif

Consistency is the defence of a small mind. (Beldin - Eddings)

HWAS

Dec 26, 1999
Carnegie, PA USA
members.tripod.com
B.S.! Dodging is (most of the time) the only difference between 1st place and last place in UT, for me. I use it all the time and I don't know what I would do without it. It makes enemy snipers relatively useless, too, if you use it often.

bullet2.gif

"If Hellen Keller was psychic, could you say she had a fourth-sense?" -George Carlin

Mute

All you have to do is smile!
I don't dodge very much but do find it useful. Do NOT turn dodging off even if you accidentally hurl yourself off of buildings and into lava often. Eventually, with time, you will instictively(sp?) stop and it WILL begin to save your *** .

Besides, too true that the flips are cool /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif.