Why must every single CBP(2) map be released?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kaithofis

The Seldom Seen Kid
I just hate seeing the Hotlist of yet another month being filled up with CBP maps (or CBP2 now). Not that I'm jealous, before anybody comes with that. But, seriously. Everybody has downloaded that pack by now. It has been massively announced on BU, the servers were full for days, it's even in the Ownage page of the game. But still all of the maps are coming in one at the time for a review, a high monster score (which they all deserve, or at least, quite some of them), and come occupying the Hotlist once more, while everybody knows about 'em, and have all of 'em already.
Sorry, I just thought that had to be said...
Anyone else got further comments on this subject?

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
-The authors upload them, blame them
-They want to submit it to MSU phase 3 for which a seperate download is required
-I personally didnt download CBP because Im waiting for most of them to become avaible standalone, as some other people

Ironblayde

Director of Misanthropy
Feb 24, 2004
I agree that it would be nice for the maps to be available singly, especially for people still stuck with lousy download speeds. However, you also have a point about those maps dominating the hotlist; it seems odd to do it that way since the pack was released as a single unit. I'm actually not even sure how the hotlist gets chosen around here... It shouldn't be a problem for this month since none of the CBP maps have been reviewed yet. In fact, none of them are even in the review queue yet. So we have time to consider this.

Anyone have any thoughts on how this could be done? I wouldn't want to see a hotlist full of nothing but CBP maps either, since they're already so widely known, and I think the usefulness of the hotlist is that it brings great maps that some people may have missed back into the spotlight. Maybe we could just have one hotlist entry for the whole pack... but I sure as hell don't want to be the reviewer who has to write something up for a pack that's got over forty maps in it! :)

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
Does make it easier to review the maps too, and not the whole mappack.

Though I do agree that them dominating the Hotlist is a little silly. How about listing the mappack in the list, and then clicking on it to see all the maps that are in it, and be able to download them individually there if one wanted?

Kaithofis

The Seldom Seen Kid
One entrance for the whole pack sounds good, then just click the pack for all of the maps available, and give the pack (perhaps seperate the volumes though) the average score of the available mapsin it.
Just look at the hotlist of April, 4 out of 7 maps are from the CBP.
Speaking of hotlists.. what's keeping the June hotlist? Isn't there a lack of high-scoring maps, cause I don't remember a lot of high scores.

NozzeM

Mar 15, 2003
Visit site
Hourences said:
-The authors upload them, blame them
-They want to submit it to MSU phase 3 for which a seperate download is required

Are you sure about this Sjoerd?

If so then i must release my map stand-alone as well.

NozzeM

Mar 15, 2003
Visit site
Alright thanks, i'll just release it as a sepparate download then.

One question though, are you dutch or belgium? :)

<--- dutch here.