Criticize Me - Phrag

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

phishedNET

Hello again everyone,

Since my last post where I asked everyone to take a look at my new UT site I have made a lot of improvements and changed the look of the entire site.

The site now has different colors, and all of the graphics are gone. That means that it should load *very* quickly, even for all my fellow HPWs.

For those of you that didn't catch the first message about my site, here is the info. The site is Phrag - on phished.NET. The overall theme of the site is map reviews. I do not personally rate any maps though. Instead, I gather links to other map review sites and average their ratings. Then I publish all of the information on Phrag for the UT Community to enjoy.

I am not out to make money off of the site. The site is hosted on my domain (not a part of any gaming network) and I do not run any advertisements on the pages.

Please check out the site and tell me what you think of it. Many of the links do NOT work right now. When you go to the page, please click on "Reviews" at either the top or bottom of the page, then click on "Capture The Flag". In that section the only map pages I have uploaded as of yet are "2Pyramids" and "2Pyramids][".

Please check it out and tell me what you think, Brandon@phished.NET is my e~mail address. Once most people (can't please everyone) seem pleased with the site, I will start working on publishing content.

The url to the site follows below
http://www.phished.NET/phrag/

Please note that the site is still under heavy development. Once I have at least finished the CTF section and put up "under construction" pages for the rest of the broken links I will announce the page to the rest of the UT Community. While the page is in such early stages this is the only place I am posting a link.

Thanks,
Brandon

------------------
[PuF]Rezz
Quasimodo's Lair
I alone hear his tortured screams!! Screamy noises!! Eeeeek!

wiggum_pi

Dec 28, 1999
Visit site
Nice site. I'd like to be able to organize the overall reivews list though. Sometimes I want to alphabetize it (the current format), but sometimes I want it prioritized by highest rating to lowest.

Overall, I think that it is a very convenient site. I've even bookmarked it.

bullet2.gif

Who's gonna be the odd man out? I want to be the odd man out.
-- [Ci]CookieMnstr|PuF

SSSHAD

Dec 8, 1999
Sydney, NSW, Austr.
Ok, now i'm gonna criticize /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif.

It looks quite good and has very good structure, imo. Well, but it doesn't have pictures, all those pretty graghics - you know what i mean. (i know it'll slow down the loading time, but still thing you should pay some attn to graghical design of the site.

Super(ST)Trooper

Super Like
Mar 3, 2000
Visit site
I have to dissagree there! I think the site serves its purpose,because unless he plans on advertising products then there's no need for them! I like a page that loads up fast and rarely care for sites that load their sites down with graphics, or pics! So I say good job /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif and keep up the good work!

bullet2.gif

Super(ST)Troopers lights are gonna shine on you...

Temporary Account

Temporarily Permanent
Jan 25, 2000
cosmicmonstersinc.com
Much better. I like the colors a lot better, and I'm glad you added a link to d/l the maps. I'm on cable, so the graphics is a non-issue for me. I think you did a good job w/out them, but I also think a few small ones here and there can't hurt. You could probably keep your artistic integrity and still please the 28.8'ers out there /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

I'd also like to agree with Cookie. It would be a nice addition to be able to organize the maps by their rating. It's not a "must have" feature, as I think you make it easy to find the high rated maps, but if you had the time it would be usefull.

Good job! Look forward to the site going public!

bullet2.gif

-[CMi]Soul-Crusher
www.cosmicmonstersinc.com

Watchdog

Nov 29, 1999
windsor, ontaio, canada
Visit site
I think a few small and appropriate graphic titles or icons can really spice up a site and not sacrifice that much interms of loading. Also, did youconsider using a frame based navigation system? If you want compatibility use the <noframes> tag to get the best of both worlds. Overall though, it was simple and effective. TI got the job done.