PDA

View Full Version : Skincity Tutorials

shadow_dragon
31st May 2004, 12:22 PM
Just wondering if some of the users here woudl mind sharing how they make their textures! And if anyone would mind giving tutorials on how to do certain things!
I myself don't do much, i use about a thousand layers of opacities and textures that i've clone brushed fom elsewhere, which is, i admit a bit of a cheat!
I was wondering also that some of the people here who create skins from scratch, drawing up a whole new texture from nothing buta wire wrap, how they do it, it's a complicated affair! Also i figured if we got some good ones maybe SKincity could host them! Tutorials are always good though in anycase, jsut wondering what the other skincity'ers got up too though! :) So shoot!

NATO_chrisjm
31st May 2004, 12:31 PM
I am hopeless where it comes to skinning but I know a couple of self made techneqes for making general textures if that helps.

Like mettle sheats wth rust patches in Photoshop.

shadow_dragon
31st May 2004, 08:03 PM
Yeah that kinda thing! it might seem simple! But if you can make a metal sheat with rust patches then you can usually apply a similar technique to a small section fo skin or so!

SaD
1st Jun 2004, 09:23 AM
Also i figured if we got some good ones maybe SKincity could host them!

For sure , but it needs some time to get them up at SkinCity due to RealLife :lol: .There is some work to do , expanding the existing SkinCity-AdminBackend....

But you find lots of great tutorials over at Identity Crisis (http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~identitycrisis/) .
Most of them are for UT (99 , Classic or whatever you name it :lol: ) , but they are really good.

Lawgiver
1st Jun 2004, 11:38 AM
There is a lot of guides over there that are non specific & can help a lot.

As always, you are welcome to add them to your database SaD when ever you wish. :)

SaD
1st Jun 2004, 11:43 AM
As always, you are welcome to add them to your database SaD when ever you wish. :)

I will .Need the expanded Backend.But when itīs done I start adding .
As always , thank you very much for the permission :) .

shadow_dragon
1st Jun 2004, 04:07 PM
Oh yes! Identity Crisis's ones are the ones that have gotten me where i am currently they're great, jsut wanted to know what tips SKin City Civilians had! :) I know theres some regulars starting to build in this area of the net now you see! :)