FHI-Canyon

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

bcwood16

Baz_uK
May 25, 2004
www.bazutmaps.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
OK that didnt go were I thought it would,

Anyway, i have finihsed a Map called FHI-Canyon. However, not being very great on internet things, I dont know how to upload the file, I have a simple home web page with some screen shots of some of my maps and info. but i cant upload my file to it, so guesing I have to host some were else?

Any help would be nice, willing to send it to some one who could then possibly put it up on a download link for me or something....sorry for being an idiot!

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
Ok, first of all, how big is the map zipped? If it's under 1MB email it to parser@beyondunreal.com

If it's over 1MB and you know how to use IRC, catch me or another team member in #fraghouse on EnterTheGame and send it to one of us, that should work. :)

Unfortunately I don't know of any decent webspace that allows for file storage without requiring a website itself. Hrmm...

bcwood16

Baz_uK
May 25, 2004
Hi,
Thanks for getting back to me, its just under 4 Mb :(
I dun know how to use IRC, I use MSN if thats any good.

Didnt think it would be this hard to just add a map for people to download.

Any others idears. Guess i could figure out how to use IRC, seems very populer....if i knew what it was lol

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
Hm.. you know.. i wanted to build a map which would be called Canyon...heh guess i have to rename it or come up with something else once i actually start to work on it.. :rolleyes:

Oh well.. about your map;
I can also take care of your file. You can try to send it to tsdclan2@yahoo.com and / or contact me on msn so you can send it to me and i'll make sure it gets an place online ;) koosgrandioos99@hotmail.com

IRC > www.mirc.com

Last edited by a moderator:

bcwood16

Baz_uK
May 25, 2004
Hi there,

Thanks for the help, I have sent you an E-mail with the file attached to ur first e-mail address. Also have added you to my MSN contacts, hope fully catch u on line some time.

Any problems let me know....though iv made a few maps, this is my first FHINV one and my first release.

I guess i could have spend a bit longer on it, but if people like it and responce is decent enough, i will certianly go back to improve things.

Thanks again, also sorry for getting to Canyons first

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
Hi,

Im always willing to help someone where ever i can..
I didn't got your email today, its probably still under way or it has been rejected due it's size. But no problem, you got me on msn... :)

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
Ok, it is done Parser.. :)
..and for everyone else..

Download bcwood16's map:
FHI-Canyon (3.70 mb)

EDIT: There was a file missing, but it's now included in the zip, in case you've got the map -which i doubt in such short time- before i fixed the missing file, please re-download it. The link remained the same
/EDIT

Got bugs (eh.. the real ones :D) comments, suggestions, whatever, either post it here or send bcwood16 a mail: bazutmaps@blueyonder.co.uk

beerchug.gif

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
Argh, I can't try it out!

Progress: Exporting FHI-Canyon...
Warning: Failed to load 'Button': Can't find file for package 'Button'
Warning: Failed to load 'FHI-Canyon': Can't find file for package 'Button'
Warning: Failed to load 'LevelSummary FHI-Canyon.LevelSummary': Can't find file for package 'Button'
Warning: Error loading FHI-Canyon !

Where's Button from?

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
Ok ok.. it's a bit my fault as well, i should have checked if the map was running or not before putting it online and make a post.. sorry about that. :rolleyes:

I have tested this time and it runs fine.
Re-download bcwood16's map:
FHI-Canyon (3.70 mb)
;)

bcwood16

Baz_uK
May 25, 2004
Cool :)

Though I have some issues with it. First worry is the size, hope people can handle it, especially sometimes when u zoom in, but the FPS compared to other maps with equal settings is about the same...so hopeing its ok

Second, hope its not too easy, thats why i had to use mostly normal weapons, not that i dun like FH weapons, just that their too powerfull for this map, but the mini rocket launcher is at the other end of the base, that comes in handy :)

Please give imput if anyone thinks it needs improvments any were or changes. Like to make it a map that all FH players will enjoy playing.

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
It's a nice map, yeah, I enjoyed playing it. :)
I opened it up in UED and understood that you tried to optimise it the best you can, so anybody whining will just have to put up with it if they get low frame rates. :)
I did notice that a lot of StaticMeshes had bUnlit set to true. Why is this? It makes them look ugly! :p

Anyway, with your permission, we'd like to include this in FHI2k4 v3. May we? :) (with a few static mesh tweaks, perhaps? :B)

bcwood16

Baz_uK
May 25, 2004
yup, i was expecting that about the static meshes, was sometihng i was thinking of fixing. Reason for this, was at the time i thought using lights would decrease frame rates. though one question about this. in UT normal mode, as if it was a DM or in version 1 of FH, things looked ok, but in version 2, it was too bright, no matter what i did? like the gamma was permently up? Not saying its extream, but did look different.

A lot was on bUnlet as i was messing about with something...didnt quite work. Will wait a bit longer then make changes, let me know when u need it ready by. Of course u can use it in version 3, would be very cool. In future they will not be that big lol

papaschtroumpf

May 21, 2004
Let me know when you have a final version of this map and I'll host in on my server, if there is a redirect available.
No hurry, the original package came with enough maps to lat a while.

kabal2020

Apr 16, 2004
Hmm.. my feedback on this map.

First impression "cool".

1) Should have more health/armour pickups, as far as i could find only one of each in the bhack of the base.
Possibly put some health on top of the walls where sniper rifles are --> make it dangerous to reach them?
2) put somehting in the canyon (where the water is). at the moment doesnt seem to be much point in it.. looks v cool, but no waeps/ armour, except that sentry machine gun. Try moving the flare gun behind the fountain, and put some health/armour by the lower teleports?
3)Railguns seem to be missing and the ammo is floating :-D
4)like the base.
5)Next to the armour, where that invis walled off area is, are you meant to be able to go behind it by walking out of the base and folowing the wall left to the end and jumping over.. theres a small corridor you can pass down. bit odd :-D
6)seems to get slow fps at the opposite end of the waterfall when up top. Not sure why, all monsters but one were dead when looking around.
7) some form of vehicle.. maybe a tank or a raptor or more likely a manta
Manta will still be vulnerable form shots fired from across the canyon.

Nice map.
And these oppions are mine only. others will prolly disagree, and so will you. so feel free to ignore them all. :-D

EDIT---
8) Hmm just a thought maybe make the water lava?? This way any monsters caught in it will just die so you dont have to run around looking for them , and also makes fighting here more dangerous :-D
---

Last edited:

bcwood16

Baz_uK
May 25, 2004
Cool, thats does help, im in the process of making a version 2. At the moment i have been consentrating on better lighting etc.

Here are are my replies.
1) I agree, it could do with more health and armour, may put some on other side of base and in the cave. Il have a look into it.
2) Not sure exactly what u mean by put sometihng there, if u mean weapons, yea possibly, though there is a sort of secret weapon in the canyon, not too hard to find.
3) Didnt notice the floating ammo lol, will correct that, thanks. A problem with the rail gun and other more powerfull weapons is that fact i found the game play too easy with them. I have tested it lots times, map is big so monsters get it bad from far off. Guess i could put one more powerfull weapon in it though.
4) Thanks, though it should look a tad better in version 2, lighting ways anyway
5) I know about the small corridor, a problem with a blocking volume, needs moving a tad. But no, ur not really supposed to get in that part. There are reasons for this, but wont get into it right now.
6) Not sure exactly were u mean by this, but it has done that sometimes to me, its all the waterfall effects when it hits the water, also some on top to look like lots mini splashes. Cant do much about that, unless i delete all the effects. Hasnt been a major issue yet
7)I did want to put a vehicle in it, but if it falls into canyon, u can drive about under water....its just silly. I will tihnk about it again though.
8) I did have that idea about lava, but I prefere water, though it would solve the vehicle problem i just said about. I think i will be leaving it water though

Glad u gave it a go though, and thanks again for imput. I will be improving on some of the points shortly :)