LAN problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Chris

Mar 12, 2000
Austin, TX, USA
Visit site
My roommate and have a LAN set up (correctly, I believe). When I attempt to connect to his server, my game locks up. I am running a Pentium2 266 with a Voodoo2 card. Any ideas?

[OF]candyman

Nov 24, 1999
OHIO
www.iamapervert.com
Chris more info is needed. Are you using tcp/ip for a lan? Are you guys able to share (send and recieve files to each other)did you tell your computers to share files (you have to tell your computer it can share a drive with the other computer). did you try setting up the oposite computer as the server and have the other one join? Does it work then? Are you guys using two compatible versions of the game?? That may not be an issue with UT though I am not sure. Can you find the other persons computer in the network neighborhood?

[OF]candyman

Nov 24, 1999
OHIO
www.iamapervert.com
Chris more info is needed. Are you using tcp/ip for a lan? Are you guys able to share (send and recieve files to each other)did you tell your computers to share files (you have to tell your computer it can share a drive with the other computer). did you try setting up the oposite computer as the server and have the other one join? Does it work then? Are you guys using two compatible versions of the game?? That may not be an issue with UT though I am not sure. Can you find the other persons computer in the network neighborhood?