Cheating Admins

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DragonAsh

Hentai-like
Feb 10, 2000
Rumours have been going around and HAVE been confirmed that administrators are abusing their privledges. One such case I experienced is on this persons server. (he changes his name everytime so people join). So here is his IP Address 24.147.80.162
This kid stays invisible all the time and punts whoever he wants. "I" Took some action. An IMGP nuke is basically all it takes to rid oneself of any "baddies" out there. I dont really recommend it though. But this one was particularly obnoxious. BUT, I think there should be something out there...a list perhaps, containing all the ips orserver names of those admins who abuse their privlegdes. This kid was doing it only to up his score in the ngStats page. Remember, his server IP is 24.147.80.162
DO NOT go in there.

Satsu

Nov 20, 1999
place
24.2.214.20:7777 is doing it also. When I pointed it out he got all mad saying that it was just because I suck, etc when I had the highest score on my team and got the flag at least once.

Of course, maybe I would have had the 200 score if I was f'ing invisible and sniping people.

So basically I called him a p**sy and he got all mad then I told him to cry about it and to go ahead and kick me because he's a loser and he did /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

The next UT patch needs to address this cheating issue, it's so damn annoying and I want it taken care of, this is where Quake 3 wins, "security". The only way someone could do this in Q3 is if the user had previously installed an "invisible" skin in their Q3 dir. UT is too vulnerable to this kinda stuff.

DragonAsh

Hentai-like
Feb 10, 2000
In defense of most admins out there, there are ust a few baddies. But then again, 80% dont even monitor thier servers. But at least no cheating can or will go on. But keep those ip addresses comming in. Im sure something will get started

spyder913

Bringer of FREE BEER
Feb 17, 2000
Seattle, WA, USA
You can ONLY cheat on a listen server! You know how you can tell if you are on a listen server? The guy running it has 0 ping and isn't a bot. You can't cheat on a dedicated server, even if you are running it yourself.

bullet2.gif

|elite|spyder913 #463784 - check out the |elite| clan at http://utelite.clanpages.com

Play on my server, Free Beer from |elite| unreal://128.208.57.212

DragonAsh

Hentai-like
Feb 10, 2000
That is something I never really did understand. Exactly what IS the difference between a listen and dedicated server? I have ADSL. Should it be better for me to run a listen server? He obviously has a listen server. His ping is 0. (and i still kick his butt with a 50 pping ) /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by DragonAsh (edited 03-12-2000).]

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
I never play on servers that are non-dedicated (unless I know the person). That pretty much solves that issue. You'll find a bone head here or there that is willing to take the time to try and cheat on dedicated, but it's a lot rarer.

bullet2.gif

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me." ~ Robert A. Heinlein
nguid:453406

T

The Dudester

As I understand it,
A listen server acts as a server but also runs as your client (i.e. it both servers + does all the client-side stuff for you).
A dedicated server *only* acts as a server. You then need a client running for yourself as well.

You can cheat on a listen server because as it is both a server *and* your client, you have control over all the server variables as a client.
On a dedicated server this is not so.

Generally dedicated servers work much faster as they can concentrate totally on servering without having to waste CPU time rendering stuff.
However, on a listen server, the server player does get the advantage of 0 ping (as his client *is* the server).

D66

Grey Pilgrim
Feb 2, 2000
Gondolin
Visit site
Ahhh. That would explain the invisinble skin bug a friend and I had when I was hosting a server (not advertised) for us to play on. OOps. I was using a custom skin that he claimed he had installed but he could not see me.

bullet2.gif

---Prof. Of Comic-Therory/Comedic-History

Beware the army of Giant Mutan Ninja Midgets!!!