PDA

View Full Version : How about some vJB?

raveolution
28th May 2004, 03:30 AM
Jailbreak with vehicles would completely DESTROY Onslaught as the preferred mode of UT2004 gaming on servers worldwide.

Someone please tell me you're working on a vJB level or two :D

Sexmachine
28th May 2004, 05:35 AM
We're on it. :)

tarquin
28th May 2004, 05:41 AM
We are :)

Trueblood
28th May 2004, 05:47 AM
Dont you guys stop working?! :hmm:

tarquin
28th May 2004, 06:06 AM
We know of a thing called sleep. We hear it is good. We might check it out one day. :lol:

superchebs
28th May 2004, 06:32 AM
There should be a jail you can break out of by jumping an occasionally spawning scorpian over a huge treacherous ravine :)

Sexmachine
28th May 2004, 07:13 AM
Anybody noticed the new "Picture of the Week"? Tell us what you think about it?

Mulch_D
28th May 2004, 07:45 AM
love it. funny as.

Trueblood
28th May 2004, 10:33 AM
Good news...good pic :)
I want to see the hud during 1st person inside the car while Llama :lol: (i`ve not been Llama yet)

Angie
28th May 2004, 04:24 PM
Being a Llama, you´re feeling sick! :(

And, Sexmachine, I love that Llama-picture of the week! :)

DYN@MITE
28th May 2004, 05:24 PM
not been a llama yet trueblood? i got a few tips for you to stay that way

- a targetpainter at a buttonrelease if very dangerous
- same concept for a redeemer

and please add some manta's i love chopping heads of with a manta

Mulch_D
28th May 2004, 07:46 PM
So is JB already ready for vehicles and just needs maps with them built in, or does it need some code updates?

Half_Lunatic
28th May 2004, 08:43 PM
I thought we just needed JB maps with vehicles for this.

hatton
28th May 2004, 10:09 PM
Jailbreak with vehicles would completely DESTROY Onslaught as the preferred mode of UT2004 gaming on servers worldwide.

Someone please tell me you're working on a vJB level or two :D

I'm think about a new concept concerning alternate escape route.
Put a vehicle at the route,and the person who want to escape have to
drive through the route...
Of course,The route isn't easy to pass through :D

DYN@MITE
30th May 2004, 06:11 AM
an arena battle with 2 raptors or 2 manta's would be great too.

TK v3
30th May 2004, 02:22 PM
Well, I'm working on a purely Scorp map, but there are a few problems with the cars and the players inside them. I'm seeing if I can do it anyother way without resorting to VSOverride.u.

TheSpoonDog
31st May 2004, 12:19 AM
proper support for vehicles should be in the first service pack

Tazdrummer_VIII
31st May 2004, 12:58 AM
proper support for vehicles should be in the first service pack

You guys are freaking geniuses. I love this mod. I even have one or two ideas for maps myself. I am new to the mapping and once I got something ready I will let you guys know.

Keep up the great work.

TheSpoonDog
31st May 2004, 01:53 AM
Oh, and here's proof :) (not that you can see any Jailbreak things in that shot mind you, but they're in there!)

EDIT: Ahh, the HUD is proof!

Angie
31st May 2004, 06:53 AM
Looks great Spoondog, can´t wait till the release! :tup:

Tazdrummer_VIII
1st Jun 2004, 10:38 AM
An interesting point was brought up by a clan mate.

With vehicles included is that going to include a tank? His theory is "having a tank running around in Jailbreak does not sound overly fair or fun; even if both sides have one, it will quickly become last tank standing wins."

Just curious what you guys thought of it.

Trueblood
1st Jun 2004, 12:09 PM
im sure the mappers will find a way to make an area for the vehicles, to make sure they cant be used for Evil :lol:

Birelli
1st Jun 2004, 03:35 PM
I doubt we'll ever see the tank in JB, it's way too powerful when one shot can kill and that puts the guy in jail for the round. I was considering both the Raptor and the Manta for my map as well but after testing them they're just too darn fast. In ONS it's fine if people can zip across the map, non-adjacent power nodes aren't vulnerable. In JB though having someone be able to quickly zip in and jump out at the enemy base would completely ruin the gameplay.

So, after some consideration, I'm thinking the Hellbender and Scorpion are the only decent choices, at least for the layout of the map I'm working on. The Hellbender is particularly well balanced in that it's relatively powerful weapons are counteracted by the need to put 2 or 3 players in the vehicle to use them. A couple of well placed AVRILs could spell disaster for a team that has 3 of their 5 players in a Hellbender, for example.

I think you may see the Manta or Raptor around though. If the bases of a map are of a decent size and they are enclosed and impossible to enter by vehicle, the speed concerns are somewhat balanced out, especially since the Manta and Raptor are very vulnerable to a well-placed shot or two.

Trueblood
1st Jun 2004, 05:07 PM
Yeah, Hellbender and Scorpian are best suited really, a shock ball to a scorpian sends it flying which is handy ^__^
me thinks a prison bus would be great ;)

Mulch_D
1st Jun 2004, 05:48 PM
rember people just because I vehicle wodn't work well in the main game area, doesn't mean it won't work in JB at all ;)

Mychaeel
1st Jun 2004, 07:12 PM
Actually, about a year ago somebody -- ElBundee, in fact -- had the idea of a vehicle race arena...

TheSpoonDog
1st Jun 2004, 07:42 PM
Almost anything can be put in a map, as long as the level designer is good enough, and designs the layout of the map right from the start. Yes, the tank is powerful, but it was also said that the redeemer was too powerful for UTJB, and that had been in quite a few maps since then. For example - maybe the tank has to cross a narrow platform to get to the main map area, making it totally vulnerable to all those other AVRIL-loaded players who can see it :)

I think the Leviathan may be a different story, though anything's possible...

Half_Lunatic
1st Jun 2004, 08:04 PM
I don't fool around with vehicles in editing, but I'm sure it is possible to lower the health on some vehicles like the tank. The Leviathan on the other hand is well....NEVEEEEER!!! I'd probably delete any JB maps with this since I hate it in ONS.

FireCrack
1st Jun 2004, 08:44 PM
Arena idea.

Each player spawns with a scorpion and has to race across a long cool track to a teleporter that has a trigger on it that closes a door just a bit earlier down the track, it also triggers a somwhat elaborate death sequence for the guy left behind.

(yes i have played scorpionrace too much)

Mulch_D
2nd Jun 2004, 01:37 AM
damn you that was (sort of but not quite eactly the same as) my idea for an arena! :mad:

FireCrack
2nd Jun 2004, 02:01 AM
ARENA-ScorpionRace is (c) FireCrack :p

TK v3
2nd Jun 2004, 10:47 AM
I got a map in the works, like I said, and it's pretty much finito once the bugs are worked out. It's effectively two back-to-back bases with a half-pipe track linking them... oh, and a jump and a soon-to-be-flaming ring for your stunt pleasure.

ChaosJester
2nd Jun 2004, 07:18 PM
In reference to an earlier comment a jail that is a bus that rides around on a track that could run people over and allow the occupants to shoot out of the windows would be fun to have in a large map. The kill sequence would be a derailing and crash sequence. It would be perfect for a vJB match

DYN@MITE
4th Jun 2004, 04:53 PM
i have a good idea for an arena, why don't you give a manta or so and let a whole bunch of monsters in the arena, you can choose then dodge the monsters or kill your opponent.

i could have been playing too much invasion lately :D

ReLiK
4th Jun 2004, 05:43 PM
i just wanna say.

i love you guys. :)