2 Modems

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Chool

Jul 7, 2000
Just a tip. if your ISP allwos it you can use two modems to connect to the internet. This is what im using now and its great. Of course you have to have two lines too. I get connected at 115000 KBps. Cool huh. You shoul try this if you can.

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
I know what you're talking about, it's called Shotgun (Diamond started it I think).

And the reason you say you're getting 115000 is because your modem is goofy - it's reporting the connection speed to your computer, not your modem to your ISP. IF... big if.. you get a good 56k connection on both lines (normally crosstalk between the wires will hamper the signal some) - you'd probably end up around 86k connection at best. Granted, that's still MUCH better than 33.6 or 56k - but I don't think it will help your gaming.

bullet2.gif

"I never learned from a man who agreed with me." ~ Robert A. Heinlein
nguid:453406

Chool

Jul 7, 2000
Youre probably right about my modems being goofy but when compared to my old 56K modem alone this is much, much better. Iknow it wont improve my game, but it does improve my connection and thats pretty good. Better connection = better game. at least thats how I see it. I know that to be a better player I just have to ´practice but a better connection sure helps. Dont you think. Anyways it was just a tip for modem players.