PDA

View Full Version : Installed.. but, now what?

clapper
27th May 2004, 05:10 PM
I've installed the respective files into the respective ut2004 folders on my linux machine. I fire up the game, but, how do I connect?

I don't see Jailbreak listed as one of the games types... should I? I don't see any maps with the JB prefix being played in any of the "internet" games I see.

I tried to directly connect to an IP I got off this web site, and I got an error that the server is refusing to send me the JB-babylon map, even though I have that map already in my default UT2004 maps directory.

Can anyone help a newbie out?

tarquin
27th May 2004, 05:15 PM
Does Jailbreak show up as a gametype for botmatches?

Can you check you have a Jailbreak.int file in you UT2004 System directory?

clapper
27th May 2004, 05:19 PM
I do have the jailbreak.int file in the appropriate directory.
I am not sure how to check if jailbreak shows up as a gametype for botmatches.

Thanks for the assistance!
=noob

SirTahngarth
27th May 2004, 09:44 PM
I do have the jailbreak.int file in the appropriate directory.
I am not sure how to check if jailbreak shows up as a gametype for botmatches.

Thanks for the assistance!
=noob

Um, pick instant action from the main menu. when asked what gametype, you should see Jailbreak in the list. (Do you ever play offline?)

clapper
29th May 2004, 11:59 AM
No, game isn't listed. I am not sure what is wrong. Maybe a linux thing?

tarquin
29th May 2004, 12:47 PM
Did you use the UMOD of the ZIP version?

If you used the ZIp version, you need to edit your INI files. See the file Jailbreak.txt that should be in your help folder.

blix797
10th Jun 2004, 12:16 AM
i am also having this problem. I am using Linux, too. I extracted everything in the ZIP into their proper folders, and I changed the INI correctly. In fact, the Jailbreak Debug mutator even appears under the available mutators! but when I click "instant action", I don't see the Jailbreak option. Help me!

Mychaeel
15th Jun 2004, 12:33 AM
Do you have Jailbreak.u, Jailbreak.ucl and Jailbreak.int in your UT2004/System directory? Are there any messages apparently relating to Jailbreak or any JB... packages in UT2004.log after starting the game?

blix797
17th Jun 2004, 12:30 PM
yes, they are all in the system directory, and no, there are no messages in the UT2004.log relating to JB.