PDA

View Full Version : Installing probs

Thrill3r
27th May 2004, 07:25 AM
Hellos i got probs with installing Jb

First i unzipped the file in my Ut2k4 folder
Added the serverpacks

But it still doesnt work, i have a file left wich wasnt in any folder called jailbreakut2k4.mod

Plz Help :)

I tried the faqs with that prog and stuff it dint work it cant find unrealtournament,even tried the mani thingy still nothing

Sexmachine
27th May 2004, 07:39 AM
Hehe ... sounds like you have downloaded the UMOD version of Jailbreak. That jailbreakut2k4.mod file is the one you actually have to doubleklick/run to get Jailbreak installed.

Open ZIP -> run included "jailbreakut2k4.mod"

ZeroB@NG
27th May 2004, 08:31 AM
Hi,
when i try to install with the Jailbreak.ut4mod then a screen comes which says i must install UT2K4 first... Version 3186
But the patch already is Version 3204... :?

is it not compatible or a bug in the .ut4mod ?

Mychaeel
27th May 2004, 09:39 AM
No -- that kind of problems stems from a broken Manifest.ini file in your UT2004 folder. Most likely another, broken .ut4mod installer overwrote it instead of extending it (as a good, working .ut4mod installer such as ours would) -- thus, our installer isn't able to detect UT2004 on your system.

Go to your "UT2004\System" directory, make a backup copy of the "Manifest.ini" file in it. Then download Manifest-UT2004.zip (http://www.planetjailbreak.com/misc/Manifest-UT2004.zip) and unpack the "Manifest.ini" file in it to your "UT2004\System" folder. Then try installing Jailbreak again.

ZeroB@NG
27th May 2004, 03:51 PM
yepp, thats it (Unreal Demolition was it) thx

MAD_MAX
28th May 2004, 08:22 AM
Hehe ... sounds like you have downloaded the UMOD version of Jailbreak. That jailbreakut2k4.mod file is the one you actually have to doubleklick/run to get Jailbreak installed.

Open ZIP -> run included "jailbreakut2k4.mod"

I've got this problem too, but doesn't understand how to fix it.
Need help plz

Mychaeel
28th May 2004, 10:53 AM
There are a couple of common problems with that and their workarounds/fixes described at the bottom of JDN: Bugs (http://www.planetjailbreak.com/jdn/Bugs).